Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Linksys SRX Wireless Router?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by groovit, Mar 7, 2005.

1. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    In my quest for wireless perfection, I've come across the Linksys SRX router. I am quite impressed with the claims that the company is making about this product, but I want to weed out the BS from the truth. Does anyone have any experience with this router? I know it's quite new, but....first impressions, maybe?

TIA

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't have the SRX, but i do have a Linksys G router and it hasn't failed me yet!

:)

here's a bump for you anyway

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Here's another bump 'cause I've been thinking about going wireless and I'm interested too.

I'll add my outdated experience too, which is kinda strange. About 6 years ago when I first got cable I bought a Linksys router (one of the first ones, don't remember the model) and it wouldn't work for more than 30 minutes at a time. Every half hour I had to power cycle it to get back on line. Tech support was no help, so I exchanged it for a new one (they ran about $120 back then) and the EXACT same thing happened. At the same time I had a friend with the same ISP and he bought the same router and it just worked perfect for him right off the bat. I decided to try something else, so I returned it and spend $30 more on the equivalent Netgear unit and it worked perfect right out of the box. 6 years later it's still plugging away in my basement, and to this day I have no idea why the Linksys didn't.

Strange.

4. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Actually, I have the exact opposite problem. I've got a Netgear wireless right now, and I hate it. I can't go more than 12 feet away form it before my signal strength drops to Low-Poor and I get about 5.5-1 mbps. So, I need somehting with considerably more range, and more powah.

5. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    bump