Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lionel Hampton

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Rimas, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Anyone going to the Lionel Hampton jazz festival this year besides me?

2. Darth_Linux

Darth_Linux

Oct 12, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    I'm playing Thursday and Friday with the Whitworth Vocal Jazz group and the Gonzaga Big Band.

maybe i'll see you there . . .

Dave

3. Thats cool. Hows molter treatin ya? i played bass with gprep, but now im at seattle U. We probably met last year at the gprep/GU jazz night..

Good luck with rehearsals..

4. Darth_Linux

Darth_Linux

Oct 12, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    Tom's a nice guy. I'm in Gonzaga U. bigband not G Prep actually, so I'm sure we didn't meet - I didn't go to Hampton last year.

see you there maybe!

5. AT the Gonzaga Jazz night last year? That was where the Gu and the Gprep bands played at gprep last year? if you played in the GU jazz band last year, then we did, but if you didnt, then we didnt...

6. Darth_Linux

Darth_Linux

Oct 12, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    nope, wasn't me!

DAve

7. Are you new this year? did you play with them last year?

8. Darth_Linux

Darth_Linux

Oct 12, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    yeah I'm new. I go to whitworth actually, but Tom didn't have a bass player and he heard about me, so there I am!
    Dave

9. I was going to play bass for tom, but I decided not to go to GU. Is the whitworth band playing at hampton this year?

10. Darth_Linux

Darth_Linux

Oct 12, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    yeah I'm pretty sure they are. Charlie Shepherd, from Issaquah, is playing in Whitworth's big band.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy

Jan 26, 2002
    Provo, UT, USA
    Only reason why I'm not going is my favorite jazz bass player Christian McBride isn't going to be there (atleast I didn't see his name listed). Eh, maybe he'll show up next year.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy

Jan 26, 2002
    Provo, UT, USA
    Oh hey darth, just reading your profile, what'd you think of Eugene Jablonski as a teacher?

13. Ive never had him as a teacher. Ive heard that hes really good, but one of those teachers that not everyone will be into... if that makes sense. Ive only heard good things about him ...

14. if you go to the site and read some of the press releases, it says that christian will be there, to pay tribute to Ray Brown, And Lionel Hampton...