Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lipstick Tube Pickups... for 5 String?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Oct 25, 2001.

1. I know that they have Lipstick Tube Pickups for 4 string jazzes, but does anyone know if they have any made for 5 stringers?

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i know SOMEONE makes them...the warwick fortress flashback had a lipstick and a twin lipstick and could come in 5 string....

maybe they still have some left?

jason

3. I have a lpistick on one of my basses, but I don't even know how they are made. Is there just a magnetic blade and coil inside, or what? I'm rather curious.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  5. Well I went over to Kent Armstrong's site, and I saw some split tube bass pickups. I'm wondering if they work on 5 stringers. [​IMG] UPDATE... I got a email from WD Music (The supplier for Kent Armstrong's pickups in the US) and they said "Our Split Tube bass pickups should work for most 5 string applications. Check the dimensions of our pickups versus your string spacing and you'll have your answer." .... in other words, unless your 5 strings are really really close... no they don't work, but we want you to buy them anyway. :p