1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Liquidating assorted strings, books, other gear

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Joe_Bass87, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Joe_Bass87

Joe_Bass87 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Price:
    5-100
    The following "stuff" I am moving to create space in my practice area. All strings are used, condition varies and is detailed below. Some of the sets below, although being well used, are still good, especially if you are interested in trying a new variety for a very low price.

Will consider offers, and you may get an especially good deal if you purchase several items. Purchase minimum is $15, otherwise it will not be worth my time and money shipping it to you.

Also, I am selling an excellent German bow by Steffen Kuhnla
    For Sale - Steffen Kuhnla master series

1. Full set Obligato strings - sold

2. Flexocor Deluxe/Permanent C "IU" set - well used, have probably seen 6 mo to a year of time on my bass. Still have life in them IMO: $45

3. Full set Flexocor medium tension - sold

4. Bel Canto E - free with purchase of another item

5. Full set Permanent Solos - Medium use: $60

6. Unknown set of Bass guitar flatwounds - probably La Bella, if anyone recognizes the maker plz let me know: free with another purchase

7. Pirastro Passione G D and A - Med use, good condition: $60

8. D'Addario Kaplan G D and A - Barely used: $80

9. Full set of Kaplans - Light - medium use, good condition: $60

* I can throw the E from #9 in with #8. Can also include either the Bel Canto E or the Permanent E from #2 with #7 or #8 to make either a full set.

Books are as follows (all sold have been deleted):

Like new/no marks: Koussevitsky 4 pieces - $8, Schwabe scale studies - $5, Mel Bay Essential Jazz Coltrane - $10, Family Album collections - $8 each

Good-excellent condition/some marks:

$3-$5 each: Sevcik, Schwabe-Starke Beethoven studies, Mel Bay "mastering the bass"
    $10 each: Kostka Tonal Harmony, Simandl New Method pt 2, Arranging for Large Jazz Ensemble

Dampits - sold
    Rockstops free with another purchase

Fishman full circle does not work. This is for someone who wants to take the risk and get it serviced either by Fishman or other. May be worth it in the end. Make an offer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. If the Flexocors (#3) have a regular E I’ll take them and the Dampits, maybe the Oblis.

3. Joe_Bass87

Mar 12, 2017
    Dampits are gone, but you can have oblis with the flex’s. PM me

4. misterbadger

misterbadger Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Northern California
    PM'd for the dead Full Circle

5. PM’d

6. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Do you still have the perm solos?

7. Joe_Bass87

Mar 12, 2017
    Yes. PM me

8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are the Kaplans solo gauge? Also, what gauge are the Passiones?
    Thanks
    Louis

9. Joe_Bass87

Mar 12, 2017
    I have left the barely used Kaplan gda set for$80, they are standard tuning.

I also have (unlisted) barely used passione stark gauge gda. I wasn’t planning on selling these but I’ll offer them to you for $100.