List of American made Peaveys?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BuffaloBill, Feb 20, 2010.

1. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question online, so I'll post it here.
    Does anyone have a list of the Peavey bass', guitars and amps that were made in the USA, and when production was relocated offshore?
    Thanks.

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
  3. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Peavey still does a lot of manufacturing in the U.S. Like Fender, and other big name companies, Hartley Peavey has sought out overseas production for his more budget friendly lines of products to stay competitive. Peavey hasn't stopped U.S. manufacturing for what he considers to be his premium lines of instruments and amps.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    As far as new USA basses go, the custom shop Cirrus is it. Nothing else is USA made anymore. If you want a USA Peavey bass you'll buy a Cirrus or you'll buy used. BTW used USA Peavey basses (IMO) are the best deal going these days. I bought both of my basses used and couldn't be happier with them.
    fampic10a.jpg

5. Carvin and Gibson still have USA made basses that sell new for less than $1000. The Cirrus looks like a great bass (I own a Cirrus, but it's a BXP) but I would think the market would still work for a $700 (new) Foundation - type bass.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    Oh, I forgot that There is a USA bolt on '34 scale Cirrus that is still USA made and under $1000. A store local to me has one. Nice bass.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021