Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

List of Nice P/Js?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoNoise, Mar 10, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'm looking to get 36" scale, 5-string bass with a P/J configuration. Also, not as important but still worth mentioning is that I would like to get a glossed dark wood finish- something that looks like koa (koa itself may or may not be too expensive for me). Anyway, can anyone point me in a direction? I'm still deciding on whether or not to make it fretless, so you can point out either. Thanks.

2. Check out the Mike Lull or the Sadowsky, I think the Sad is a 34" scale and I think the Lull is 35". Maybe you could have someone custom make it. I played the Lull and it was awesome.

3. NoNoise

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I've also thought about building my own bass or modifying another. I can find the bodies with the PJ config, but does anyone know where I can get a 36" neck (or close such as Carvin's 35 1/4" though I don't think they sell that off of their XB75)? I would go with a 4 or 5-string. If I had to get a 4-string, I would just put on 5-string strings and drop the G string ;)

4. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    micheal dolan guitars.

awsome work, good price, works with you really well

5. How about TB's own Nino Valenti? His basses look awesome and have always received great reviews.

6. NoNoise

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for giving me so many options. I also want to see how it could work if I buy all the parts and have someone put it together. I contacted Carvin and they said that I can order a 35.25" scale 5-string thru neck. That is great news, but now I need to find a PJ body that will take a thru neck. Any ideas?

7. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.