Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

list of pedals im curious about

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinea Pig, Jul 27, 2005.

1. I have very few music stores near me and few carry the pedals im interested in. I guess the sound samples on the net just don't satisfy my curiousity

The Electro Harmonix Bass Micro Synth (wouldn't mind a detailed discription of what this thing is capable of)
    Akai Headrush 1 or 2 (im crazed about delays/echos/reverbs and loop systems)
    Rocktron Heat Attack (looks very appealing but not quite sure)
    Digitech Jamman looper (this is a new pedal in the digitech line up. im looking for a good looper not quite like the echoplex something less expensive but good quality)
    Moogfooger Murf (what the **** is this)
    Moogfooger filter (is it a mutron, bass synth what?)

If you have any suggestions or better quality pedals that could replace that would be great.

Also looking for a new flanger and phase shifter i have both the boss flanger and phaser and they are probably the best but im looking for something that could compliment or possibly contrast to the two boss pedals i already have to stop from have to tweek them all the time and possible create like a SUPER FLANGER or SUPER PHASE SHIFTER, i don't know if it would sound horribly sloppy or sound amazing but i would like to try it anyway.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i havent actually used any of those pedals and so can only offer a little bit of info:

akai headrush: this was one of the best sellers of akai's pedal lineup. it gets great reviews generally, and is supposed to do quite a good tape echo simulation.

rocktron heart attack: from what i have gathered, this is basically the same as an electro-harmonix bass balls envelope filter. still its cheap and might be worth a try.

most of the pedals you mentioned have been adequately reviewed at harmony-central.com and on these forums.

3. the microsynth is radical. Just get it, you'll love it. The EH website has a few samples, and Les Claypools later stuff (like frog brigade) is dripping with it in parts.

It's got several "voices" - straight, octave and suboctave and square wave. Most speak for themselves, but square wave is something to behold. I regularly terrify the neighbours dog with it!

It also has a filter section with sweep speed, stop and start frequency control and resonance. Think of it as a really flexible envelope filter.

The attack delay effects a volume sweep when triggered.

It's totally cool, but takes quite a bit of twiddling to get it just so. Man, if you vaguely like that sort of effect you will love it. Trust me.

The Headrush is way cool. I love just building up simple bits and peices and jamming all by myself. Start with a real simple riff just outlining a few chords and build up and up until it's sounding like a full bass guitar orchestra! The tape echo is kinda funky too. Still feeling this one out at the moment...

Most of the others I don't know. But, from what I DO know, moogerfoogers are the shizzit.

Man, what can I say, just go down and try 'em all out. You'll have a ball and you'll instantly know if you dig them or not, plus you'll annoy the other customers with some mutilated sounds! :)