List pedals that have an envelope control feature...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Feb 26, 2018.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Those that allow one to control certain things via playing dynamics. Envelope filters are the first that come to mind and the only other one I am aware of is the Shallow water where the envelope can also be set to control something..

What else is out there?

Thanks!

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Pigtronix makes an envelope controlled phase shifter, there are others. What I want is envelop control of the rate of the effect, not the depth. Keep meaning to build one or have one built.

3. Ehx super pulsar has it

4. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    A lot of the posh digital mult or dedicated FX units have filter options. My Strymon Mobius has a filter that can be used as low pass / wah filter. My Hog2 has a filter option that works really well but not in all modes and my H9 has a plethora of filter / wah algorithms that sound great too. But nothing quite beats a dedicated unit like a Source audio Manta or a Iron Ether Xerograph deluxe

5. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    The Alexander 'La Calavera' phaser's Dinamico mode does this. You can set it to go faster or slower on harder hits depending on where you set the knobs. Not my favorite phaser sound but the different modes are pretty great.

bholder likes this.
  6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    ...any more? :)

7. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    +1 to H9 and the Eventide factor series more generally. You can put an envelope to control all sorts of odd stuff like degree of pitch bend, chorus detune, speed of oscillators in addition to being applicable to almost every modulation like filters, vibes, etc. No idea if there are envelope controls on the timefactor and black hole patches (aside from ducking effects and the like).

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Any more analogue ones?

9. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Malekko Sneak Attack

EDIT not really what you wanted, see my other post below.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  10. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    What does the envelope control on the sneak attack?

11. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    it controls your volume and note transients (I think that's the term?) – it's like a combined envelope/VCA on a synth. so you can set it for slow swells etc.

Sneak Attack And Lil Buddy - Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation

it can also be set as a looping envelope/LFO for tremolo sounds.

EDIT oooohhh ok this is kind of the opposite of what you're asking for, as it CREATES an envelope, rather than responding to playing dynamics. carry on, nothing to see :ninja:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  12. Tech21 Red Ripper - More than a simple distortion box, the Red Ripper responds to the dynamics of your individual touch. Play harder for more fuzz and higher harmonics, ease up for less fuzz and enhanced lower harmonics.

TECH 21 - RED RIPPER

13. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet?

Jun 14, 2009
    Mt Vernon, NY
    The Source Audio Orbital modulation pedal can be envelope controlled.

bholder likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021