1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

List Price???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dragoon419, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Could someone please tell me what the list price of an instrument or a pack of strings actually means. What is the list price??? I mean, why is the list price so much higher then the actual price?

2. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Companies have lists prices so that instrumetns can be sold at different prices.. I worked for a furniture manufacturer. We had a list price. Eveyone got at least 50% off of that price. Depending on other business factors, some companies only got an additon 10% off while others could get an aditional 35% off.

Most gutar companies will tell the stores the lowest they can go and that's what your big stores usually sell it for, but its up to the store if they want to sell it that low.

3. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I've wanted to know this for awhile too.

When you go to buy a bass - the salesperson looks up the "list" price (some insane number) and quotes a price of up to $1.5K cheaper? Who would actually pay $1483 for a standard MIA P-Bass?