Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen! My first home recording!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 23, 2001.

1. This a simple recording I made using an Aardvark 24/96 audio card and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0. I was able to create this without reading any instructions for the software! It's that easy. I will start learning the "in and outs" of Calkwalk now and work on some more complete projects. This finally gives me a means to be a one man band and really create something.

Please excuse the sloppy playing. This was just a one time pass of me jamming with my drum machine.

Drum Machine: Roland R-5
    Bass: Ibanez BTB1005

Well, I guess were not allowed to post .mp3 attachments on this forum. Any suggestions how I can make this available?

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You need to upload your MP3 file to a website and then you can post the link in your message.

3. True, but I don't have a web site. We need some kind of Talkbass website where everyone can post their music. That would be cool.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    You could make your own site.

I use http://www.angelfire.com follow the instructions and ask me or Sheepman for help (I assume he will cos he helped me out) if you get stuck.

There are other providers so you could post in off topic for various opinions on who to use and how.

5. Pretty Cool. If you record any more, let us know in this thread?

I keep saying this, in thread after thread, but I should really get hold of some of my recordings and post them for you guys to take aim at.

FF

6. I would love to have a listen at your music. Make it public.

7. :D nice jamin' man! you got a nice tone out of that too. i may do my own stuff to but that was what i hope i will sound like soon. go out on napster man!

---------------------------------------------
    D-U-M-B Everyones accusing me!
    - Joey Ramone

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    A "General Error" occurred when I tried to listen to it. Thank God, I sure wouldn't want a specific error! :rolleyes:

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can't get it to play! What am I doing wrong? I get the msg. that my pc doesn't have an active X viewer for this type of embedded object, windows media player opens, then nothing happens. I tried playing other .mp3's online and they seem OK. Let me know if anyone knows what I'm screwing up. Thanks.

10. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I think angelfire blocks mp3's. You could always email it to me and I'll put it on my webpage. (I'm more liberal about mp3 sharing :D)