Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen to me play please

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SuperSluggard, Jan 14, 2004.

1. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    click here to hear the song

I've been playing for less than a month. Listen to the song I made and let me know what you think. There's some squeaking when i change from fret to fret, but i'll improve on that. Just listen to it.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Geocities has very strict bandwidth usage limits.

and as such, putting mp3s and larger files on a geocities page is ill advised because more often than not you will be left with "page is unavailable' due to even just a couple people trying to download the file.

If there is a way you can compress it to under 324K then you can upload it to Talkbass, alternatively, you may want to try and find a different place to host it.

maybe soundclick.com

Or maybe someone around here could help you out.

3. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Ok. A friend downloaded it and it worked, but I'll try soundclick.com. Nice avatar, is that from Lupin the 3rd?

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, a couple people will be able to download it every hour or so. Very inefficient.

yes it is lupin the 3rd, Inspector Zenigata

5. Dave C is correct.

I will listen, so post a link once you get it uploaded!

http://www.soundclick.com/

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Click here

Thanks for taking your time to listen to me play. Remember, I've been playing for less than a month. The entire song is done on the D and G strings of a 4 string bass.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    heh, you didn't read the fine print with soundclick, you have to wait a day before the download clears.

8. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    It works now. See above post by me.

9. ....eh. Way to repetitive. Your learning though, keep at it ^^.

10. You have a nice clean tone, and thats important when recording.

Keep up the good work!

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Thanks. I'm gonna practice a lot more before I record something, and I'm gonna concentrate more more on songs that would go well with 2 guitars and a drumset, for my band, instead of songs that are entirely bass solos. That's good that you said that I have a good tone, I think it's a much better and more powerful sounding bass then the dissapointing Squire P-Bass I had before. It's a Brownsvile. Altough I mostly play punk music, I don't think the P-Bass is for me.