Listen to my band and help us out...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RedV, Feb 14, 2004.

1. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Hey guys, my band just got done with our newest cd and I have a few songs up on soundclick. We made it to number 43 last year on their charts; I'd like to be in the top ten this year:)

So, if you don't mind, please go to SOUNDCLICK and listen to the three songs we have up and vote them HOT. And if you happen to like 'em, tell your friends about 'em and have them do the same...or you could just tell me:) Thanks.

2. You sound like the basic garage band, nothing new and the same emo like singing. I hate it. The lyrics also stink in the "what we are all in one song" thing.
  3. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    We sound like the basic garage band?? And you sound like the basic elitist (read: everything I don't like sucks) :rolleyes:

'What we are all in one song'??? Where did that come from??

Second, thanks for the opinion(even though I didn't ask for it), but I've been writing the way I write and singing the way I sing for years...I'm sorry it's popular now, and I'm sorry you don't like it. I didn't ask for your opinion, just a fellow basser asking for a hand. Thanks for the time; hopefully there's someone here who can appreciate a style of music that is outside their 'safety zone' of listening.

"Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks"
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea Quack that was one of the least cool posts ive seen of yours.
  5. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL skin off my nose.

As an aside, Figjam, did you happen to listen and vote??:)

Actually, I changed my is skin off my nose. I'd like to turn the question back to you 'quack'. Since you obviously don't care for my music, what do you consider good music?? I mean, what's in your cd player right now?? And if we could, please don't let it detract from my original intent of this post(to be number 1!!:) ) too much.

6. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So you are expecting to make a post asking for people to vote your songs hot but not expecting to receive opinions on them? Sounds a little unfair to me.
  7. personally I didn't think it was that bad, but it seems like you guys have trouble staying together, but a little more practice together and you should be fine. Also, the drummer is a little bit off the whole time, whihc probably contributes to sloppiness. Lastly, the singing was only half on key, which definitely needs to be fixed. When I imagine the band playing in sync, the bass being louder, and the singer singing in tune in my head, the songs themselves sound pretty good.
  8. Not my cup of tea. But it doesn't suck alot.

I feel Quak's post was a bit harsh,but he was honest.

Can't win 'em all. I wish you two the best.
  9. On these boards there are basically two types of criticism: constructive and insulting. Saying "I hated it" and that it "stinks" without really saying why isn't really the constructive type of criticism that we like around here.
  10. My appologies for being a little to harsh :meh: It was around 12 AM I think when I posted it and I was extremly tired, but I didn't feel like sleeping yet.

But in reference to the "everything in one song" :

I quote,

Celeste Lyrics/Story play lo-fi
    play hi-fi MP3
    Everything we are in one song
  11. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I agree with clef regarding the drumming on "Celeste" - waaay off in parts; the singing is a bit affected and slightly off-key, especially the backing vox, but I LOVE the mix! Great guitar tone....

Drum intro on 6 foot lullaby needs a lot of work - perhaps put the hi-hat in the back of the mix and the ride cymbal for that matter.

Tighten it all up and you've got something good.

12. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    First off....

quackquack..apology accepted. We all get a little tired and irritated at times. No problem. I see what you mean by 'everything in one...'...I was think lyrics since right after you said the lyris stunk...cleared up, but I still don't feel the lyrics suck:)

Thanks for the comments on the mix. However, the parts are NOT supposed to be perfectly done..I've done that before and that is not what I wanted. We were going for more of a raw live type vibe; mistakes and all.

The intro to 'six foot..' I agree is not stellar...but that was kind of a 'click track' if you will that never got taken out..maybe I'll have to do that.

Again, I know this is a forum kind of geared towards technique and perfection, and in the right setting I agree with that just as much as the next guy...but for me, this is not the right setting. It's indie rock and not supposed to be perfect to the letter. I still do appreciate the comments and all.

And eskimo, yeah I did expect my fellow bass players to lend a hand...I didn't ask for opinions, and if they're given, I would appreciate constructive as was said above, not insulting.. but thanks anyway.

Thanks again, and if you guys could continue to help us out it would be appreciated.

13. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I listened to "Angel" I am on dialup, so have mercy.

Musically, it's good. When the yell gets going, it gets a bit too unstable. I think you are straining a tad much. It makes my throat hurt thinking about it. At times it's even and mean sounding that is great. The melodic parts are good too. The backup guy needs to even out a bit. You guys have great potential. I like the genre, and the kickin' it in the garage feel is cool. Keep it going. Cool stuff.
  14. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks tmo, I appreciate the comments. I think I'm an odd one, because I dig it when the scream gets a little unstable...I don't know, that just sort of hits the right buttons for me:)

Thanks for all the comments and for voting guys...we've gone from #1039 to #79 since last night. Keep 'em coming:)

15. Well, it is definately not my kind of music, but I would say you guys are an ok garage emo band. I can't stand those vocals and the drumming is off in alot of places, but I do love the bass tone in "six foot lullaby". Work on the timing and maybe add in a few guitar and bass solos and you guys are good to go.
  16. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks IAMERICCOCHRANE...we appreciate it.

Well, we've hit #37...not too far to go:) Thanks everyone that's help us out.