Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

listen to my band...PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by silentstranger, Aug 5, 2003.

1. I'd really like to hear what everybody thinks of my band's new album. I'm sorry to say I have no full-length MP3s, but we do have samples of every song, almost all over a minute and containing an entire verse and chorus, and hence, a pretty good representation of the song. Please check them out!

PBM's website is http://www.pbmmusic.com ... from the main page, click the "music" link and pick your poison from there :) My favorite tracks are Deep Space (misspelled as "Sace" :confused: ), Overview, Outside Last Night, Don't Wanna Go To Work, Superhero and Sleepwalking.

Remember, Lord Only isn't the only band on TB! :D

2. Sleep Walking kind of has a Jack Black vibe to it.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ewwww Party Ska/Punk. :p

Uhh, bands really tight, singer makes me want to put a thumbtack in his forehead. :confused: :confused: :confused:

yeah, not my genre of music... but you guys do it well.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    p.s. my apologies if you are the singer.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i like overview and don't wanna go to work alot. good stuff, haven't heard that kind of stuff a lot lately, nice :)

6. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    I liked that 12mins.worth of what sometimes came across a bit like Rush then mildly Frank Zappa,but to your credit as a bassist....when the bass breaks came along...they were just the right length...subtly long enough to show you can play...but short enough to have the listener wanting to hear more.Great stuff and you might consider a name change...'StupidMatt' is not becoming!!!! Stay cool my man.Scotland's slap bassist,"Fallon".

7. I haven't heard too much from the D, I think that's a good thing, right? ;)
    Gah...ska and punk are the two labels we keep trying to avoid, but everyone keeps pinning them on us...we prefer "horn-driven rock", but something tells me the "ska" label is gonna stick with us as long as the horn section does...eh well. I guess "party" is accurate enough though, we're lots of fun :D

I COMPLETELY understand your opinion of our singer (not me...I do a few live backup vox, but my voice doesn't appear on the album); vocals are definitely our weakest point. I've suggested he get voice lessons on numerous occasions to no avail :rolleyes: ... he writes the songs though (and does a damn good job of it IMO), so I'm willing to put up with it.

8. Although I'm not as anti-punk/ska as Matt, I do agree with everything else he said (good band, vocals need work).

9. Thanks :) I had a feeling those two would go over well here; they're the most straight-ahead rock tracks on the album.

Oh, and if we have any luck, you'll hopefully be hearing "that kind of stuff" a lot in the future :D
    Uhh...dude, that link in StupidMatt's sig is a joke; it's not him. You should be heaping praise on JT, he's the one who played (and wrote, I believe) that song.

Okay, I'm declaring this hijacking offically over, back on topic. More opinions, come on peeps! :D

10. Yeah, Matt's quite the player, and those 7 srings are insane!:D

POST # 1000!!!