Listen to my band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Pete Crane, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    ::cough:: les claypool ::cough:: ;)

Yeah it sounds intresting. The vocals are not to bad, they are jsut paned wierd. It is an intresgting song...good drummer. Nice playing from you and the guitarist as well.

Only comment is lay off the slaping so much....simplicity can be buitiful as wel. There are definantly places in this song for slaping, but don't over do it.

I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.!!!
  2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    That is quite good. The vocals really are panned weird, but they are not bad at all. You should defintley upload some more stuff, as I would defintley like to hear it.
  3. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i like it! i would definetley go to one of your shows, but i agree lay off the slapping for at least the chorus. reminds me alot of les claypool and the frog brigade.
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    You guys don't happen to be Primus fans are you?

:D ;)

I dig it. I really like how your guitarist throws in those 7th chord fills.
  5. I was on a Primus kick when that song was written, so I will take the comments as compliments ;)

I count myself very lucky because the guitarist and drummer are very good and let me try different ideas, even when they suck :p Definately some of the coolest guys I have ever played with.

Here's a few more on another site
  6. Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    Hey, I thought your music was really cool! Very innovative and well-played. Not only does everyone have good technical ability, but also a strong melodic sense. Nice job!
  7. While you're at it, please listen to my bands demo. It's on our site at and also has two tracks at I still haven't gained any feedback on it yet, so I'm actively searching it out.

Yes, my bass is very loud in the mix. The only non-distorted stuff is on Just An Ego, but even then I'm using chorus, octave and compression.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Thats some pretty nifty stuff! Also, I feel you're pain. 24.4k with sometimes ZERO compression. Sucks.
  9. Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    I only had a chance to listen to the first song, but I thought it sounded cool! You guys really seem to have your genre down, but with enough uniqueness to give it some individuality. Good job!
  10. You listened to the other tracks yet? If so, what do you reckon?

Anybody else listened?
  11. Which one of us are you talking to?