Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen to my band's recordings, please

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by macool, Mar 29, 2004.

1. My band just recorded some songs in Chicago at Wall to Wall Recording Studios. We're all really excited and pleased with the quality. I would gladly take any comments or advice about our songs. Just tell me what you think. I'm the guy 2nd from the right in the picture :)

www.purevolume.com/summerinstereo

2. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    I'm listening to "When the Fireworks End." You guys have a good sound. The quality of the recording itself is outstanding! Your work in it is really good, though it could be louder. I mean, all bass parts should be louder ;) I honestly would be interested in more of your guys stuff. Your guitar players really work well off of each other I think. Your vocalists blend really well together also.

Now, there's only one thing I feel I should point out. The intro after both the guitars are in and they're doing a layer of lead and one doing a rhythm w/pseudo lead, it just doesn't sit right to my ear. I mean, it's good guitar work, but it just doesn't sit right for some reason. It might just be me.

Other then that one little part, I really, really liked it. Keep up the good work and keep us posted :)

3. Listened to the same song (the only song downloadable?)

The bass intro was cool. The guitar intro was cool too! I second the stuffs on when the 2nd guitar came in, it sounded a bit off-pitch, was it on effects or slider? It sounded abit off pitch to me, dunno whether that's intentional or not.

The vocals are good! THe backing vocals are cool too, although can be improved (the melody, not the quality).

I did not pay attention to the bass part, but I can tell that its quite busy at the back... :)

4. Thanks guys! You can listen to the other two songs by just clicking on the song title in the player window on the right. I know what you mean about when the second guitar comes in. Some of the chords don't seem to mesh. It doesn't sound like that live though, so I don't know what happened.

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Well, I'm absolutley not into this kind of music at all, but I put it on and before I knew it, it was the end of the song. I then felt compelled to listen to all the songs, so that's a good sign!

There's some nice bits of bass in there too, little fills, noticed some harmonics in an intro somewhere too. And you have a nice tone. Very solid drumming too, you're drummer is spot on. In fact the rhythm section is good all round, very much appreciated! :)

Overall, I can hear that it's really well written, arranged, performed and well recorded! :) Good luck with it!

I take it you guys are unsigned?

6. Yes, we are unsigned. We're trying to work on that, though :)

7. I am not a fan of emo, but I have to say this was pretty good. You guys are great musicians, but then the Emo vocals kicked in and I was reminded why I dislike emo. Im not saying you guys sucked, you sounded great, but its just not my style of music. Well keep up the good work and good luck with the album.

8. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Aren't we all! ;)