Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen to my new mp3's

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by embellisher, Jan 30, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And tell me what you think. I have added 3 new songs to my band Lucid Dreamer's mp3.com site. The new songs are The Day, The Truth and It's Hard(needs to be remixed, it is in the red and badly distorted).

So, if you guys could at least check out The Day and The Truth, and give me some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Here is the address: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/304/luciddreamer.html

2. woah dude.. you're up early.. :)

( or you're still up very late ? )

3. That's good stuff man! I'll try to get some mp3s made of the band I was in posted.

Thanks.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey jeff

i'm downloading the tunes now. the computer that i'm on doesn't have speakers, so i'll post my opinions a bit later when i can hear them.

thanks for the new listening material :D

5. Waste

Waste

Sep 16, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Really catchy man! Funny as crap too! Bass work is good too! Re-enforcing the roots and keeping great time!
    my band's new site goes active on Feb. 16th and will feature, bootlegs of our practices, but you can visit the site now and get old material!:D

6. embellisher

Stayed up late that night, couldn't get to sleep.

Thanks for the kind words, count. IMHO these new songs are better than Zombie Way. It was a fun song, but kind of mindless.

I would love to hear some of your stuff too. I am always interested in listening to other TB members music.

Thanks, John. Let me know what you think when you have time to listen to them. BTW - how are the CD's coming?:eek:

Thanks for the kind words, Waste. If you are basing your opinion on Zombie Way, be sure and check out The Day, too. It is a totally different style.

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will check your stuff out.:cool:

7. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Hey Jeff,

Took a listen. Southern Rock! I like it! Unfortunately my speakers are pretty crappy so I couldn't hear bass much, but I'll take everyone's word for it!

Make sure to check out my band's mp3s here. We just finished recording and mixing a few weeks ago and sent our cds off for duplication yesterday. You can see more about us at our band's "official" website.

Enjoy!

Gwon

8. embellisher

lildgrn, which song did you listen to? I can't think of any of the 4 that are posted that sound like southern rock, although I may be too close to the situation to be objective.

9. embellisher

Anyone else have time to listen and give me some comments?:cool:

10. I'm downloading right now... it'll be a while before it finishes (56K, and I'm downloading a track by a friend), but I'll let you know once I'm done.

- Jamey

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Nice Solid bass line. I dig it...

12. embellisher

13. Wow, Jeff

I gotta admit that's not normally the style of music I would listen to, but I'm digging it. Good work!

I'd like to put up some stuff for you guys to check out, but I don't have a band and it would take me a few more years to get good enough to play something even remotely decent. :)

Keep it going though man! In my opinion, this stuff is a lot better than your earlier songs. Of course that could be the fact that I'm normally into very heavy music speaking. Good music with a good message.

14. embellisher

Da5id, thanks for the kind words. Our heaviest song will be in the next batch I put up. I'll let you know when it gets approved.

15. Cool man! Thanks for the heads-up. Got anything you've recorded with the Zon up? I love the way Zons sound, but can't justify spending the money on one without working on my playing first.

16. embellisher

No, unfortunately I haven't recorded with the Zon yet. I'm trying to talk the guys into some studio time for some songs we've never recorded, but we're all kind of broke right now. But you can bet the next time I go in the studio, the Zon will be used on at least a couple of songs. Maybe I can get some 4 track stuff ready.

17. ps.
    "The new songs are The Day, The Truth and It's Hard(needs to be remixed, it is in the red and badly distorted)."

I downloaded "the truth" mp3 also later- unfortunately it's got quite a bit of distortion on it too- and the mp3 goes on for quite a bit after the end of the song.
    I think it might just be the mp3 at fault.

18. embellisher

Yeah, I just listened to The Truth again, and I didn't realize how distorted it was. I'll have to remix that one too.

Still learning this mp3 stuff guys, so bear with me.:)

19. There are a couple of short mp3s I have done at:

Recordings

The first one is just me and a Roland R5 drum machine.

The second is a bass and drum thing I recorded and emailed to a friend. He added a guitar part and emailed it back.

Soon we are going to start seriously writing some stuff and have a "virtual" band. We live along way from each other so this mp3 thing makes recording easy and cheap