1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Listen to my tunes? Judge as you will...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tbasstreble11, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Title says it all. Criticism welcome. Have a nice day :)

Cheers, Tom

ZenG, Badwater, Atshen and 4 others like this.
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Water into wine is terrific. Did you play all of the parts?

tbasstreble11 likes this.
  3. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

These are absolutely wonderful and I love them.

--^@

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Not my thing, but very well done!

5. Thank you very much :) yes, I play them all, it's actually a live recording using a loop pedal. I was hoping that would be more apparent, do you think I should do some more camera angles or something to show the process better? How could I make it obvious to you/the viewer? Thanks for taking the time to listen!

6. Thank you!

7. Thank you, that is very kind and encouraging! :)

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    First thing that comes to mind for me would be a photos of you playing the instruments and then place them either in a line up of some type, or at or on the instrument and pan around to each of them so that it shows you doing each instrument. :thumbsup:

9. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Sparse and groovy. Nice stuff!

10. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    I enjoyed both tracks very much.....
    I also thought that it was pretty apparent that you were using a looper.....

All's good.....:thumbsup:

11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Great stuff. They evolve in a really interesting way (especially the first), and each part kept me interested in where it was going. I think you have some great bass style happening too... it inspired me to think a little more outside the box in my own writing.

Thanks for sharing.

12. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    That tone!! :bassist:

13. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Wow.
    Who needs bands and all that trouble anyways?
    I am greatly impressed.
    I wouldn't be a fan of the rap-style vocal on 'The Pocket', but the groove you've got going on there is awesome.
    'Water Into Wine''s keyboard 'washy' sound (from 20 seconds in) I find a bit annoying, but overall again I really enjoyed the listen.
    I could listen to that bass groove all day long!
    Excellent production overall...and the bass tone is unbelievably good.

I truly loved watching the tunes evolve, and it did seem very obvious to me it was all you.
    Maybe you could have the camera pan down to the loop pedal at the end of The Pocket as you wind things down or have a little insert shot of it as you add each layer, but I really don't think it's needed.

tbasstreble11 and Fat Freddy like this.
  14. Thank you, I like that pan idea, maybe not for the looping stages but for winding between them could be cool!

'Who need bands and all that trouble anyway?' - Haha that was the inspiration for sure :)

I think I know what you mean with that synth bit, there's a high mid frequency spike in there that's not necessary, it really just needed the lower and airy tones - I'll have a tweak with that.

Thanks for you feedback and for listening :)

Fat Freddy and Oddly like this.
  15. Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to listen, I really appreciate it! :)

Fat Freddy likes this.