listen to samples online?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fell, Feb 7, 2006.

1. fell

Jul 31, 2005
    does anyone know of a site that has a wide selection of sample audio clips of amps/basses or whatever? im posting this in the amp forum instead of bass because im currently trying to find a clip of a GK neo700/112 combo as i don't know of a dealer anywhere near me:(

so, any sites?
    ive already found but that hasnt got the particular amp im looking for
  2. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You could go to and although they don't have any sound samples there, you can go to the artist page, find an artist with similar equipment that you're looking for then just buy one of their CD's to hear the amp in action.

Note also that Lelank Scklar plays GK - you can see his picture on the Artist page.

OK - the above is a joke.

Really, you can't hear what amp/speaker is going to do for you in a store. And there's no specs published so you can't compare the specs to other amps out there. You'll need to try it out on a few venues.

Tryout the online stores, some have X number of days return policy - with no hassle. I've personally returned equipment from MusiciansFriend, and Zzounds without a problem. And actually I had an onboard preamp on a bass go out and MF replaced it after I had it a year - great service. GC also lets you take stuff back before 30days.

You can buy an amp, try it in real life, and if it doesn't work out return it. You will have to pay shipping but often this whole deal is cheaper than renting one for a month.

Oh, and while you have it, record some samples for others to hear.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I believe Leland Sklar plays through EA. At least it appears so on their website.
  4. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    He's there on the GK site.
    And on the Yamaha site.
    I think he cloned himself.
  5. The amp an artist uses live probably isn't what was used in the studio to record with, maybe, but doubtful.
  6. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    "The above is a joke"
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

LOL..but not as much as Chuck Rainey. He endorses EVERY brand. :D