Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen to Slayer..........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Sep 4, 2003.

1. what do you guys think of Slayer?

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I prefer not to

3. Good when I have an hour left at work, and 6 bus buckets to clean.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I`ll wait for Brendan`s opinion :ninja:

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Important band for their genre, with killer albums like Reign In Blood, South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss, but they always had something about them that made you not take them too seriously.

Dave Lombardo is a true original, and very influential (just listen to The Haunted).

They stagnated on their last albums, but it's still fun, even if it's just a nostalgia trip.

6. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    One of the best metal bands, ever....PERIOD!

2 of their CD's are in my personal top 10.

7. Enough with Slayer, there popular enough-we should give credit to those who are banging it up now and not even getting half the credit!

Cryptopsy, Brodequin, Dying Fetus, Cephalic Carnage, Misery Index, Immolation, Suffocation, Pessimist, Disgorge, Deeds Of Flesh, Napalm Death, Diabolic, Kataklysm, MayheM, Darkthrone, Anaal Nathrakh, Tsjuder, Abyssic Hate, Zyklon-B, Setherial, Satyricon, Devourment, Bane,

EXTREME METAL!

8. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    While I appreciate what you are saying, most of those bands would not exist without SLAYER...respect where respect is due please...

:D

P.S. The new Dying Fetus isn't very good IMO, but have you had a chance to hear or buy the new Misery Index CD? Is it any good?

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    uh, no.

i much prefer megadeth or anthrax.

10. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I love all of those 80's thrash bands....my band was working with David Ellefson...a great guy who was in a great band!!!

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    When I pushed carts at Walmart, a guy who handed me a cart was wearing a shirt... plain black, white impact text... "Listen to Slayer". I said, "Thanks... and I do." And he said, "Do what?" I said, "Listen to slayer." He threw up the horns and said, "Right on."

Reign in Blood is one of the greatest thrash albums ever.

12. ah man don't even go there....it's too true and obvious!:bassist:

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ya, I guess I COULD listen to slayer. But then, I really won't.

So many other metal bands are above them. They were an important metal scene band, yes. But woop de doo.

14. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not a big fan but I do like some of thier stuff.
    I like that guitar riff in Angle of Death.

15. the guitar riffs are so fun to play...sometimes I'll just play 'em on bass for the heck of it....

16. That's what I love about Metal, the fans are like one big family, however cheesy it sounds, it's true. If you're a jazz/funk fan you don't walk around giving people any heads-ups or whatever.

LISTEN TO SLAYER (literally, click, lol) :D

Blood will sterilize :bassist:

That should say "stain"

17. yea dude....metalheads are like a big family, as embarrassing as it, it is cool and fun!

is that your favorite slayer song?

lol...slayer is so loveable...hell, Tom's bass is so sexy, too bad it is barely heard, but Slayer's sound is the guitars...mmmmmmmmm:D

ah man, I noticed I don't have that slayer song, which one is it?

EDIT: I found it, n\m

18. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    My band used to play Stain of Mind. I love that song. Fun and easy to play.

19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Anthrax > Slayer

20. Morkolo

Morkolo

Aug 11, 2003
    Newfoundland
    No offense but I find any band that can make the same song with different lyrics for so long is kinda boring ;). I like slayer... but it took time to get into them, I found everything sounds way to similar. The metal family thing is wicked, I walk around with my Pantera shirts and people come over and say pantera's wicked. And I'm like what, and then I realized heheh I'm wearing a Pantera shirt.