Listen to this...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FLEABITE, Apr 30, 2001.

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
  2. I just added it to my Favorites. I'm going to give it a listen later man!
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Very competent punk with the refined vocals that differentiate newer punk from old school punk.

Your band's vocal strength should open lots of doors.

Only suggestions (and opinions);

- The drummer sounds like they are hanging on for dear life at times. At one point, I thought they were going to lose you. You stayed on the beat! The two need to be locked together better.

- Gotta get you a better bass sound. "Thwap," that flat, almost nylon tapewound string sound with an EQ set flat, doesn't get it, for that style of music.

- Guitar could use more "rage" in their sound.

Bottomline, the essentials are in place. Just some sound refinements and getting the drumming more on top of the beat seem most critical to me.

Congrats for having the courage to put that up in front of such a critical audience.
  4. ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I don't think I would consider putting anything on here for all these people to criticize!

I liked it, and I have to admit I don't really like punk that much.

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    Cheers Guys!
    The bass sound is bad I know, it's my guitarists fault, he did the final mixdown. I'll kill him ;)
  6. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    rock on fleabite,tame that drummer down just a tad & make sure the guitarist turns u up in the mix next time.other than that good work bro.
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Exactly- great band! Good work!