1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

listen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector5, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Spector5

Spector5

Dec 8, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    I've been doing research on the yamaha john pattucci 6 string bass with the 26 fret do anyone know anything more about it or do anyone have it? its the new one that just came out? and I would like to know if its worth getting into I tried a 1997 model thats going for 1,600 and I love it.

2. I can only tell you that just about every Yam I have played has been amazing. You should just consider getting the used one that you like IMO. The 26 fret thing,,,, I have no idea.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Well considering that those basses are close to 3,000 retail, i'd say go for it!

Mark

4. BTW $1600 is too steep. You should talk them down. I usually see them for 1000-1200 used. I think the newer ones are the only ones with 26 frets.

I just got a BBN5A and its slammin! I can't believe Yamaha's great quality in nearly every model of bass I have played !

5. Spector5

Spector5

Dec 8, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    hey if you guys could let me know where I can get that Yamaha TRB JP2 for that price I can let the dealer know that way he will try to beat that price. thanks