Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

listen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector5, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Spector5

Spector5

Dec 8, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    I've been doing research on the yamaha john pattucci 6 string bass with the 26 fret do anyone know anything more about it or do anyone have it? its the new one that just came out? and I would like to know if its worth getting into I tried a 1997 model thats going for 1,600 and I love it.

2. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I can only tell you that just about every Yam I have played has been amazing. You should just consider getting the used one that you like IMO. The 26 fret thing,,,, I have no idea.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Well considering that those basses are close to 3,000 retail, i'd say go for it!

Mark

4. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    BTW $1600 is too steep. You should talk them down. I usually see them for 1000-1200 used. I think the newer ones are the only ones with 26 frets.

I just got a BBN5A and its slammin! I can't believe Yamaha's great quality in nearly every model of bass I have played !

5. Spector5

Spector5

Dec 8, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    hey if you guys could let me know where I can get that Yamaha TRB JP2 for that price I can let the dealer know that way he will try to beat that price. thanks