Listening to "bad" bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jucas, Aug 9, 2004.

1. jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Does anyone else listen to a band that you normally wouldn't after a really good live show? There's definately a couple bands that I shouldn't like, but saw live and was so impressed that I listen to them.

My current example is metric. They were opening for a band I wanted to see, and I was amazed. I could've set my watch by their bass player. Not ammazing lines, but he sounded amazing and their singer went all out.

Probly just me, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I never would have run into Ozomatli if I hadn't seen them live in Amoeba Records. They were great and I've been a fan ever since.

And just to clarify, they are in no way a "bad" band as the thread title suggests.....they are great recorded and live.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A lot of local bands. There is a band out of Pittsburgh (I think) called "The Microwaves" and they came to Edinboro and blew me away. I bought their CD and it was a real letdown.

After seeing Melt Bannana open up for the Fantomas, my friend bought their CD and it sounded more... hmmm, techno than their live set.
  4. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    A couple of years ago, I saw New Found Glory. I liked 'em so much, that I bought one of thier CDs.