Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listening to something for the first time again.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Well if you could erase your memory of one artist, album or maybe even a song and listen to it again as if you never heard it before what would you chose?

For me it would either be Nirvana or Zeppelin. Both had a prominent influence on me and I have pretty much burnt a hole in all of their cd's. I think that would be a great feeling.

2. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    It is a dead horse now. But the first time I heard F*** tha Police by NWA it scared me.It is very hard to imagine now but once upon a time people did'nt talk like that on records.

NWA was a group that talked about shooting and beating people up. Nobody really said it liked they said it before. So the first time I heard them it was a shocker.

3. The first Rage Against the Machine album. I didn't know anyone could express that level of anger through music.

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

Master of Puppets... that album just rocked so hard.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The first time I heard Cowboys from Hell by Pantera it just blew me away. [​IMG] :bassist: I was a fan for life right there.

6. Ty_Boogie

Ty_Boogie Bass, A way of life

Sep 6, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    Song to the pharoah kings :: Return To Forever (1974)

Chick Corea, Lenny White, Stanley Clarke, Al DiMeola

That blew me away, changed my life, also the the year i started playing bass

after that I learned to listen to music, not just hear it

the feeling I had that day has not since been duplicated

7. Right on.