Literally EVERY time I buy a bass online.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tb-player, Aug 10, 2022.

1. tb-player

tb-player Sarcasm intended… always. Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland
  2. Track-a-holic here.
    Has it moved yet?
    Has it moved yet?
    Has it moved yet?

3. I do the same thing, refresh, refresh, refresh...WHY hasn't it moved yet? :laugh:

4. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland
    Yeah, I'm the absolute worst when it comes to tracking. When I got my Lull M5, it took a week to travel across the entire US and UPS didn't update anything til it was out for delivery. :rollno::bored::banghead:

GodsLove66, Dust2Dust, jre5 and 5 others like this.
  5. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland
    dac41331-66f2-44b3-bc2f-01e0b571f7fc_text.gif

6. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    Besides, there are some times when you can watch your shipment dodge back and forth across the country like a pin-ball, before it finally goes to the destination.

MrBeta, squarepeg, fig and 9 others like this.
  7. Zoffy

Zoffy Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Sacramento CA
    I've had tracking show that the package was in my town....then sent to a town 50 miles away....then back to my town - why? WHY?? :roflmao:

design, SpaceJockey, MrBeta and 14 others like this.
  8. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    tracking a package mailed from Thomann in Germany was....interesting. We can't complain too much, I guess, when I was a kid, everything was "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery".

9. Tracking helps remind me that if I set out on foot to pick it up, I might get home sooner.

dwm74, pcake, covermego and 4 others like this.
  10. Sub41

Sub41

Jul 13, 2006
    North FL
    I bought a bass last Thursday out of New York State, and as of last Friday it only said that a shipping label had been created, but it wasn’t in UPS custody yet. Today there was an update and it magically appeared at the local hub but only says “Investigation Opened”. I’m not liking that too much.

11. ProbablyTooLoud

ProbablyTooLoud

Aug 1, 2020
    Atlanta
    Tangentially, I ordered an ebike that was theoretically still somewhere in Louisiana when it showed up on my doorstep in Etlanna three days early.

pcake, Geogio, Mili and 6 others like this.
  12. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland
    Yeah, international shipments are wild to watch. I've done it many times. If you're not a patient person, don't order a bass from overseas. The inevitable customs delays are unnerving.

13. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Weirdly enough…

Last week i bought a multieffects unit from a guy in Japan. Free shipping.

It arrived at my door in Chicago 2 days later.

The news doesn’t even travel that fast.

Go figure.

Jxff, EddiePlaysBass, halcyo and 12 others like this.
  14. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Where I live, there are three streets/roads/whatever in the area that have similar names. Every other package (and I keep the tracking printouts to prove it so I can complain to the post office) gets mis-delivered, and the mail carrier has to pick it up and redeliver it to me, anywhere from a day to a week late. It also happens, fortunately less frequently, that the regional sorting center throws the package in the wrong bin and the wrong truck takes it elsewhere, just to have to be returned, anywhere from a day to a week late. And I understand COVID, but I actually had one package from a third party common carrier delayed a day because they couldn't find anybody to drive the delivery truck. Now that last one I understand. The rest are my tax dollars at work. I have noticed that since Congress and the Administration put DeJoy back in line that these incidents seem to be less than before.

Black Out Jazz and rtav like this.
  15. Currently tracking my first American Fender. In the words of Tom Petty "The wait is the hardest part".

Artman, dangnewt and 6-3-2 like this.
  16. I just bought a kind of pricey one from overseas in a private sale via PayPal, so for a week I was like:

032~2.png

But then I was like:

PXL_20220806_143838576_exported_1659796795663.jpg

Mucho thanks to Robin at Station-Music.

17. Black Out Jazz

Black Out Jazz Gold Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2021
    location is overrated
    USPS dropped a package on the front door at an address that was my last name. People there claimed they dint no nuttin about it. Ebay sent me another for free.

iiipopes likes this.
  18. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Fun fact about international shipping, it often goes directly to the airport closest to you. In your case that means straight from Japan to Chicago, meaning 2-day shipping. I wonder if it's to help with speeding through customs, but either way it's awesome.

Dust2Dust likes this.
  19. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland
    Yeah, that's tough to watch. I had one hit Baltimore then 15 minutes later it's in Miami. That's when I knew something got loaded onto the wrong truck. Oof!

20. The weekend the mails went haywire I had a bass in transit from Memphis to Leander [outside Austin TX] instead of the expected 4 days the bass spent nearly a month in various locations. Enough time for the sender and myself to file several concerns with the service only to have them dismissed by USPS. It just about broke me.

Dust2Dust likes this.