1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Little Alligator Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by G.F.C., Jul 31, 2007.

1. G.F.C.

G.F.C.

Jul 20, 2007
    I have a Little Alligator Volume pedal and my swell rates are EXTREMELY limited. Pedal travel has no hindrances. I moved it to the 1st position on the pedal chain and that helped considerably, but my range is just incredibly limited.

It's still close to just being a mute function at this point. I know there are trim pots and dip switches inside many pedals. Does anyone have any suggestions on this particular pedal to get a bigger swell and more articulation?

Thanks in advance!

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Had one for years - never a problem. Did you get it new? I wonder of those pots inside have been tweaked yet. Also, I know this is basic, but......how is the "minimum" level set? That's the knob. It should be all the way off for the most "action".

3. G.F.C.

G.F.C.

Jul 20, 2007
    It is indeed new and I've messed with the minimum volume extensively... Though it's helped I know I'm not getting all out of it that I could. Are there in fact pots on the inside I can mess with? I haven't opened it as of yet, I wanted to have a little more info before I started taking it apart. Thanks for the reply however!

4. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I'd recommend checking out an Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal. It has an internal switch to change the swell and it just might better suit your needs.

5. G.F.C.

G.F.C.

Jul 20, 2007
    I really don't want to buy another pedal when I have one that's close to what I need... I just want to know how to tweak this thing to get it close enough. Ironically I decided initially between the Ernie Ball and the Morley. Maybe I flipped the coin on the wrong side. Thanks for the help and the suggestion. I think if this one ever busts I'll spring for the Ernie ball.