1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Little cabinet for Phil Jones Bass Buddy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by victor6, Feb 27, 2008.

1. victor6

victor6

Dec 2, 2007
    I just ordered a PJ Bass Buddy and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a cheap / small cabinet to use with it for low-volume / nighttime practice ...

Thanks!

Victor

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    The Bass Buddy is great! Personally, I'd just buy some 1/4 inch plywood and make one.

Edit: when I first wrote this for some reason I though 'rack' not cab. Oops!

3. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    I'm getting one too and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cabs.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seems like "efficiency" is the name of the game. Maybe a Schroeder?

5. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    would 10w be enough to power the schroeder? any idea if they ship international?

6. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    10w is not going to be very loud. I've been told that the BB is about as loud as an acoustic piano, but I dont know from first hand experience.

That said, there is no doubt in my mind that the mini schroes are some of the loudest small cabs out there.