Little Help Please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RandallFlagg, Jun 23, 2004.

1. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Hi Guys!

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Fender American Deluxe FMT in the near future and was wondering about any of your experiences with this bass. I currently have a couple of Jazz basses but I kind of wanted to move "up" in the Fender Line. Thanks Guys!!
  2. I had an FMT, but I didn't really like it. The neck played alittle weird. I also hated the sound, I play rock and jazz and I didn't think it sounded well for either style. I sold it a few months later here on tb. But that is just my opinion. I never had any problems with the electronics or anything, well made bass but not my style I guess.
  3. fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I dont like Fender =(
  4. By the way, if you do get one, look at the tuning keys first. I have seen a few FMTs where some how the gold plated stuff had bubbled up alittle when they were made.
  5. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Thank you! I will check out the keys. Hadn't really thought of that but I generally go over a bass with a fine tooth comb. C'Mon guys! any more "experiences" out there?
  6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I played one of these at Guitar Center once. It was a 5-string. It was AWESOME! This model is definitely not a regular Fender. I've never been a fan of Fenders because of the syle and stuff but I almost bought this bass just because of how smoothly it played, how tight the low B was, and how it sounded. But at $1500 it was out of my 'impulse' buy range. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the exposed poles on the pickups, if you get playing aggressively the sound of the strings making contact with the poles is NASTY! But I think that was the only downside to it.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I saw this one on the wall at GC, and it suddenly got inside my "impulse buy" range. The looks speak for themselves, but I gig this bass as often as my Lakland 55-94, and trust me, it RULES! Great tonal versatility, nice B-string (coming from me, though, this means nothing ... I don't believe in the urban myth of the "floppy B"), nice construction. Just an excellent bass.