Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Little Help Please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RandallFlagg, Jun 23, 2004.

1. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Hi Guys!

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Fender American Deluxe FMT in the near future and was wondering about any of your experiences with this bass. I currently have a couple of Jazz basses but I kind of wanted to move "up" in the Fender Line. Thanks Guys!!

2. I had an FMT, but I didn't really like it. The neck played alittle weird. I also hated the sound, I play rock and jazz and I didn't think it sounded well for either style. I sold it a few months later here on tb. But that is just my opinion. I never had any problems with the electronics or anything, well made bass but not my style I guess.

3. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I dont like Fender =(

4. By the way, if you do get one, look at the tuning keys first. I have seen a few FMTs where some how the gold plated stuff had bubbled up alittle when they were made.

5. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Thank you! I will check out the keys. Hadn't really thought of that but I generally go over a bass with a fine tooth comb. C'Mon guys! any more "experiences" out there?

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I played one of these at Guitar Center once. It was a 5-string. It was AWESOME! This model is definitely not a regular Fender. I've never been a fan of Fenders because of the syle and stuff but I almost bought this bass just because of how smoothly it played, how tight the low B was, and how it sounded. But at $1500 it was out of my 'impulse' buy range. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the exposed poles on the pickups, if you get playing aggressively the sound of the strings making contact with the poles is NASTY! But I think that was the only downside to it.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I saw this one on the wall at GC, and it suddenly got inside my "impulse buy" range. The looks speak for themselves, but I gig this bass as often as my Lakland 55-94, and trust me, it RULES! Great tonal versatility, nice B-string (coming from me, though, this means nothing ... I don't believe in the urban myth of the "floppy B"), nice construction. Just an excellent bass.