Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Little help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Feb 25, 2003.

1. I haven't been playing to long but once I get some money together I want to get a bigger amp then my little 15 watt. I am looking for maybe a half stack. I was wondering what would be better as a small rig for a 5 string (since I might get one as my next bass) a 1x15 or 2x10 (or i think its' 2x12). Also need a head.Any reccomendations are welcome. This would be for mainly practice and fooling around with friends. I would plan on spending say... $700 max. Or if I become decent enough after the summer I will buy a stack for about $1000. But mainly I want a good sounding small rig for possibly a 5 string.

-Serene

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Check out the Nemesis Combo amps by Eden.

I use their 2-10 combo and am very happy with it. Its small, lightweight, and fairly loud.

Peace
    Nick

3. Nemesis is a good choice. They won't break your back or your bank account. I've been using a Nemesis 210 cabinet (not the combo) for about six months along with a 15" sub. Been smiling the whole time.

4. How's the tone of it when used by a 5 string ?

5. Published specs are 35hz to 15khz. Low "B" response is good at low to moderate volume, but if you need to rattle the bottles off the back of the bar at high volume, you'll need a sub to deliver the whump! When you combine its wide freq response, 100 db@ 1w effeciency, light weight (under 40 lbs)and low cost (I paid $325.00 NEW) it is a great little cab.
    check it out online:
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/N210P.html
    then check it out at a local dealer.
    I've been thinking of adding a second N210 and possibly foregoing the 15".

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I use my five string through it all the time with good results. More wattage wouldnt be a bad idea when we play out, but it gets the job done.

Oh, and there is a DI so you can go straight through the PA at gigs.

Peace
    Nick