1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

little mark 2 speaker cab HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkmangriff, Apr 7, 2009.

1. funkmangriff

funkmangriff

Dec 29, 2007
    im confused! i want to buy a MarkBass 151HR and a MarkBass Traveller 102P, both 8ohms.

my little mark 2 is capable of 4 ohms, but only has 1 speak-on out.

now this is where im stuck, and cant find any information:

do the cabs have an extension output or am i just stuck and can only have one cab. also, is there anyway around this so i could have the 2 4ohm cabs.

(my hartke has an extension line, it has a 8ohms in and 'extension' jack)

my knowledge impedences is pretty good, but my cab knowledge isn't! (only ever owned 2)

thanks for you time

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    hook one cab with 1/4" and the other with either 1/4" or the speakon (it's a fancy combo jack)

Thinking about the same setup myself.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I'm pretty sure you can daisy chain the cabs using one output from the amp.

4. funkmangriff

funkmangriff

Dec 29, 2007
    thats what i was thinking, but i cant find a picture of the cab of the cabs to see if you can do that

5. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Yeah I noticed that too, I've search the infonet inside and out and can't find a picture of the back of the markbass cabs.

6. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    I can't find pictures either, but I gurantee you that there is a way to connect both cabs. Most likely there are two speakon connections on the back of the cabs.

7. funkmangriff

funkmangriff

Dec 29, 2007
  8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The Speakon connector is a combo type that you can plug a 1/4" plug into the middle of it, so in fact you have two 1/4" jacks.