1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Little Mark compared to a GK800RB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Honk'n_down-low, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Can anyone make this comparison?

I am going to GC tomorrow and if I like it, and assuming they have one in Stock, I am seriously considering drinking the Kool-Aid and picking up a Little Mark II.

I currently run an old GK800RB through a Ampeg B115T and a SWR Goliath II. So what say you - will I be impressed or will I say my old school GK still delivers the goods?

Basses are Jazzes, Spectors and a P-Bass that is on the way. Mostly a Jazz Bass Player - but I am giving the love lately to the Spector. Thoughts - Opinions? Should I or shouldn't I??

2. I love my Mark Bass Little Mark II. I was a long time GK 800 user. And I am still fond of them. But the LM has more power, is lighter and has better features. If you buy a LM you won't be disapointed.

3. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Having owned both, I can honestly say IMO that the LMII is going to be a big breath of fresh air having played an 800RB for some time. The LMII is more powerful, flexible, and weighs a fraction of the GK. You'll be happy.

4. What a mess

What a mess

Aug 20, 2008
    Valdosta Ga.
    Guy that sould me my LMII had both and both for sale now wants the Mark bass back and says if I ever sell it he wants 1st dibs. Claims it sounds about Like his Walter Woods for 1/4 the price but was sure it would not last as long.

5. Can you elaborate in more detail on the primary sound differences?

Thank you.

6. Thanks David - been out to Berlin on my Motorcycle quite a bit - especially in the Fall.

7. Anyone else?

8. I did it - drank the Kool-Aid - new LittleMark II sitting here in the box waiting for me to bust it open. Posted in the LM Club thread the details.

I will be sending all that made recommendation a bill for a portion of the purchase price :D ($521 on sale at GC). :hyper:

Thank you Thank you very much........GAS ATTACK WINS AGAIN!

9. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    This thread really belongs in the amp section.

Anyway, I AB'd a used LMII on the way to a gig -loaded my rig into fellow TBr Bob F's house - and bought it within 5 minutes of testing.

The sound I wanted was that Motown warm sound and I dialed it in almost immediately with Bob's help.

Enjoy your new toy and report back your findings so folks won't think we have been bought off by Marco.

LMII - Great tone and a powerful punch in 7 lbs. No Kool Aid Required

10. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    The GK would be my choice. I like the low-mid growl and the MB doesn't do it... Very different amps...

11. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I was a long time GK user but once i tried the LMII there was no choice, i had to have it.

Enjoy!

12. LMII

13. GK all the way, the 800rb has a TON of power, 300 @ 4 ohms is so conservative and such a sweet sound, but for the same price you could get a used 1001rbII and have twice the amp that a markbass wish it could be. I have owned both and have gigged with both; the 800rb, the 1001rbII and the markbass LMII

14. Cool - can someone move this to Amps! I will report back my expert opinion later. Thanks!

15. Good to know cause I still have the GK800Rb - so I will get to compare and then answer my own question - haha.

Thanks for the info!