Little Mark II compared to Aguilar AG 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spencer, Jul 7, 2008.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Im going to be in the market for a new amp/cab in the future and can basicly afford anything I would like, I love the sound I get from the markbass 12" combo but am looking for seperate head/cab set up and really like the design of the aguilar 12", so I may be getting one or eventually two of those eventually, I currently own a 8x10 which is a little big for practices..

Anyways how would you comare the Aguilar AG 500 to the Little Mark II, I can go down to theperfectbass since I live about 50 miles away from it and try the aguilar set up, but I like to have an idea before I make the trip to end up not buying anything and wasting their time.

2. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    nothing?

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Sorry, I've never tried an Aguilar head, but the LMII is popular for good reason. The main drawback of the LMII IMO, is that the low bass eq is set too low at 40hz. I like it 80hz. More portable than the Ag too.

Some guys around here can afford almost any head too, yet they are happy with the MB stuff (such as Kjung). That says something.

4. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    still wondering this same question...

5. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    I didn't mean to SAY

"i HAZ lots of monie wats the bes amp in de worll??

What I really meant is how does the markbass sound compare to aggie? Is the aggie clean sounding like a gk 1001rb-2?

I currently have a little mark II and a aggie db112

6. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    for what it's worth:

A friend of mine who is a genuine Aguilar fanboy (db750 is his holy grail) also owned an AG500SC.

After comparing it to my SA450 (LMII with semi parametric mids) he sold the Aggie and is looking for a MarkBass

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021