1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

little mark vs. g.k.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mike costelow, Apr 20, 2009.

1. :help:I am in the market for a new rig and have narrowed it down to a little mark tube 800 or a g.k. fusion 1050 neither are in stores yet as far as i know.I am leaning towards the markbass,the motorized knobs on the g.k. make me nervous.I like the idea of running through a neo4-12 cab which g.k. has and m.b. does not and i dont know if the mark bass could power 4-12s.I do play weekly and do play big stages and small clubs so i want something light but with lots of power if i need it.my current rig,peavey firebass 700 thru 212 and 115 and man am i tired of lugging that thing around!I do want a tube pre-amp any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Edword

Edword Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    Probably a bit early for people to have formed strong opinions about either of those two amps. Good luck with it.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, no kidding. You should probably wait till they're out before you ask opinions ;)

4. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    So, are you implying that we TB'ers actually need first hand experience to form an opinion? ;)

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yeah, come to think of it, that was pretty dumb, huh?

OK, whichever one has more blue LED's is the winner.

6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Hmm...wants something light and is tired of lugging around a 212 and 115, but wants a 100 pound 412 and a 40+ pound Fusion1050?
    When it comes time, see what actually sounds good to you through your bass, and then decide what you can afford and fit in the car by yourself. I know that what I think sounds good doesn't sound good to everyone else.
    Maybe just save money and buy a cart for your current setup if it sounds good to you.
    Wes