1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Little Peavey's.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony Mig., Apr 7, 2001.

1. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    Do to a serious lack of funding, I was forced to make a compromise in the purchase of a Bass amp.
    I ended up getting a Peavey Minx 110. I figure it'll hold me over until my serious lack of funding subsides.
    Actually, for a 50 watt amp with a 10" speaker, it's not too bad, it lacks bottom end, but that's to be expected. I imagine that if I added an extension cab with a single 12" speaker to it, I'd get that bottom end, but I think I'll just save my pennies for something bigger and better.
    Anyway, if you're just starting out like me, and need a small practice amp to get by on for little money, at $160.00 (new) this amp will do the trick.

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Tony, the Minx is a great practice amp. I've got a Basic 112 and absolutely love it. I think the Peavey Microbass, Minx, and the Basic are THE best deals out there by far. I payed $240 for my Basic and it was worth every penny. Enjoy!!

3. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    My guess is your Basic 112 probibly has a little more bottom end then my Minx 110. The same 50 watt amp, just different speakers. I'm also assuming that mine will sound a little better once the speaker gets broken in.