Little Peavey's.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony Mig., Apr 7, 2001.

1. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    Do to a serious lack of funding, I was forced to make a compromise in the purchase of a Bass amp.
    I ended up getting a Peavey Minx 110. I figure it'll hold me over until my serious lack of funding subsides.
    Actually, for a 50 watt amp with a 10" speaker, it's not too bad, it lacks bottom end, but that's to be expected. I imagine that if I added an extension cab with a single 12" speaker to it, I'd get that bottom end, but I think I'll just save my pennies for something bigger and better.
    Anyway, if you're just starting out like me, and need a small practice amp to get by on for little money, at $160.00 (new) this amp will do the trick.
  2. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Tony, the Minx is a great practice amp. I've got a Basic 112 and absolutely love it. I think the Peavey Microbass, Minx, and the Basic are THE best deals out there by far. I payed $240 for my Basic and it was worth every penny. Enjoy!!
  3. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    My guess is your Basic 112 probibly has a little more bottom end then my Minx 110. The same 50 watt amp, just different speakers. I'm also assuming that mine will sound a little better once the speaker gets broken in.