1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

little rock i made for my baby.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mulambo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. hey fellas, i made a very simple rock tune, dedicated and inspired y my 1 year born baby. Im glad i just have the time to record it...hehehe(who is father, know what im talking about..)
    Please, take a look, and better, tell me what u think, specially about the sound i took from the bass...im not sure ive gone too far on equalizing the bass. Im searching to a good sound of bass, on my litltle homestudio.
    I used a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, and a Bass Pod. (expect no virtuosism here....i no virtuose).
    The song is called ~Bernies Rock~ and is on my ~PalcoMP3~ linked bellow....
    Cheers!

2. I think it's pretty cool...I like tunes with drivin' beats and this one is definitely "drivin' "....good job!

3. That's really kick arse. I'm totally digging it. Everything blends in quite well, nothing seems out of place in any way. The verses are very colorful, and the chorus is quite catchy. Keep up the good work!

4. daren_woodall

daren_woodall

Jun 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Nice up-tempo groove, catchy B section and I very much liked the melody brought in by the lead guitar starting around 1:37. Lots of movement in the bass which is always fun. I felt the bass should have veered from the root guitar line a little sooner then it did.

A fun listen for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Daren

5. daren_woodall

daren_woodall

Jun 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I used this opportunity to check out your other offering from your link. I assume these are all self-produced tunes, yet I'm impressed on many counts. You demonstrate much diversity in this groups, yet each are impressive in their own right. Consistant throughout is a focus on interesting and tasty bass work. Though there are juicy elements in each of these, I must comment on the polish and maturity in found in "Where Do I Fit In". Solid all around, nice hook, etc. I don't distiguish this one due to the vocals, because, as you can see I have no aversion to instrumentals, but rather it overall quality. I got into it from the first listen. Nice.

Daren

6. Hey, bros! Thanks! U really made my day. Yes, they are all self-produced. Im played the guitar too. About the drums, they are a DnB drum loop of Reason, with a snare drum sample i took from a record, and with the hats played with the keyboard controller.
    ~Where do i Fit In~ i made for a competition remix for the female singer ~Lennon~. I made it only listening to the acapella vocals, without listening to the original instrumentation. It becames very diferrent from the original, a straight radiofonic rock, with only 2 chords.
    Again, thx for the kind words and positive feedack fellas!
    As we say here in Rio,
    Hug!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021