Little Shop Of Horrors

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funk On Crack, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Anyone have the score or dare I say the tab?
    My school is really slack with giving the band their music. The actors get 6 months to learn their parts, musicians about 2-3 months max. Was just looking for a bit of a head start so I could help others if needed and whatnot.
  2. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I have a copy of the bass score around here from when I did it three years ago in 10th grade. It's not a difficult musical at all if you've got decent reading skills, but I found this to be a lot of fun. I get to do it up here in Tallahassee next semester (and this time get paid!); I'm excited for that.

When is your show?
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's not a hard show show. I had it at performance level after only 3 weeks of real rehersal, and only one week before that of looking at the part on my own. The reason the actors take 6 or 7 months is because they have to memorize everything. You just gotta know where the notes are and be sure you can jive with the other musicians.
  4. It wont be me that can't play it. I'd rather spend my time at rehearsals helping the others getting their parts right. I guess thats kinda hard to understand.

If anyone has a copy of it on computer or anything email me.
  5. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Are you also conducting?
  6. The conductor is the organiser of the whole musical. So she will probably put me in charge of some of the rehearsals while she helps out the actors.
  7. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Hm... my question only allowed a "yes" or "no" response.

Also, are you looking for the the bass score or the conductor's score?
  8. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    you won't need to spend much time on it.. the score is pretty easy to sight-read with not too much where the bass needs to be note-for-note... i've done it a couple of times and a reasonable reader could probably do the show cold

the bass parts are mostly fairly generic but there's one figure in 'Suppertime reprise' I think, where the bass goes fairly high up the neck and goes 'Doooo-de-doodle-deee-dooo' etc :) which ideally you could do with looking at beforehand

oh, and there's a song called 'Grow for Me' which has an interesting bass line... all chromatically shifted root chord movements etc, and is worth looking at too because a bum note in the bass would stick out pretty bad :)