1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Little Theme For Thinking...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Misanthrope, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    I`ve been playing for some years and during those years I got some experiences not only about the music with a musicians. I am also a person with a personal life and with a life instead just a hard work at music. Well, it takes the most of my time to practice and be with my band… But that`s not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about experiences I got by being a human, not just a musician. I don`t know if I can call myself a musician anyways, but well… we can forget it, because we are all playing a bass..so…
    Many years ago… when I was starting playing a bass I`ve met one famous bassplayer and he told me about his disappoint with a people. He had everything, he was playing at each big show and people were respecting his work. But then what happened? He was teaching a young ppl and when he was over 50 he fell into a drugs. God knows where is he now. I saw his almost end… because he was a man kind of instead my father. I was very very young, he was in that age of being my father and I could complain about the life and the people to him. He was listening me… He was also a first person who played me Deep Purple and Jethro Thull. We had a same passion for Rush and he was helping me with repairing those crappy basses which I could buy in that time. Oh how hard it was when I saw him suddenly liing and dying at his flat. I can`t say how horrible people fall down when he is at toluene. My “father” was dying! I was there several times then but that horrible smell of the toluene was everywhere…suddenly he asked me if I smoke a pot. I told no, when he started pulling out a weed and ran away. I was really shocked. That big and famous musician is in a crap. At least I tried to call him several times, but his mind was totally lost… He was talking a bull****s and he started abusing my parents.. Oh jesus, what the hell happened to a man which could be my father and who I was really respecting for his opinions? I must say I got scared. I stopped all contacts with him… no matter that he was a great teacher before and started hating Fenders *he had some spicy pieces. I let lying my bass in the corner for a year before I could take it in a hand again. I was really really scared by him and I am really sorry for not having that strong to tell him go to doctor, u really need a help. Well, I went through same crap (not a toluene) laters, because I forgot how horrible was this experience and I am happy for some people which were supporting me anyways I was doing a ****s. I happy that someone told me go to doctor and check some therapy because that man I was talking about didn`t have anyone to do this. I just want to warn some people checking that cool life on some **** like the snow or weed or something else. It can seem too far for someone who don`t know what it is to get out of drug depending, but u can`t really imagine how wonderful life is, when u are stoned. I just destroyed my health by those ****s and I must say that while of being high doesn`t worth those troubles I have till now. By stupid weed u can do a more mess than u can imagine… I don`t care if someone of u will smoke some green **** anyways, because it`s up to u to decide from experiences and informations u have. But everyones says that he/she is not depending on life when they are healthy.. All I wanted was to warn u … Miss. Ant.

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    not really GI material...........
    off to Misc.

Chris A.:rolleyes: