Little Yellow Spiders

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fastplant, May 26, 2004.

1. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Are everywhere. They're not really that small, but it's like freaking arachnophobia around here. They're all over my house this year (never were before) and now they're everywhere at my work too. I swear I kill about 20 of them a day at my house and probably another few at my office. Does anyone know what kind of spider they are or why there are so many of them this year?

They're about a half inch big and a dark yellow color with little boxing glove looking front legs.
  2. My friend had tons of large black spiders... Everything can be worse, haha. Yeah, I get several of those little yellow ones a day, however 90% of them are in my bathroom which is weird. I don't bother killing them though because they eat any other bugs that get in my house.
  3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I wouldn't bother with them either, but my house is pretty much impenetrable (sp?) to bugs (new windows and doors), so I don't need to worry about other bugs. Which again raises the question of how the hell they even got into my house to begin with. And also raises the question, what are they eating?? These spiders sure raise alot of questions.
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I get these HUGE white spiders, look kinda like daddy long legs but are bigger and freakier looking, that drop down on me from my bedroom ceiling. The ceiling is vaulted and so you can't reach and squish them until they come down on their own. They like to fly down really fast while I'm on my bed and land on me, holy crap I hate those things! :crying:
  5. I had this brown spider in my room several years ago. Bazztard bit me in the leg. It first looked like an ingrown hair, then nasty goop started dripping out of it. Turns out it was a Brown Recluse. I went to the medical clinic quick- the hole got big enough for me to fit the entire head of a Q-Tip in and move it around. I had to clean it out with hydrogen peroxide every couple hours. That sucked. That was 14 years ago and I still have a scar.
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I have a bunch of tiny little greenish yellow spiders around too (mostly in the bathroom as well) except mine aren't a half-inch long...they're barely bigger than fleas I'd say. I called an exterminator but they said that there's nothing they can spray that will gradually kill them all because spiders don't absorb the poisons through their back. They'd have to contact spray each one and that paying for an exterminator for spider-control is a waste of money. That's too bad...these things annoy me.

brad cook
  7. try planting poisonous insects all around your house? :D
  8. i still remember waking up to a blood curdling scream when i was four. the scream was from my dad. he woke up, went to the bathroom, put on his glasses, looked in the mirror and there was a brown recluse the size of a fried egg on the side of his face.

apparently my mom ran into the bathroom and there's my fat old man, nekkid, beating the walls with a cowboy boot.
  9. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002

Actually, these started out tiny, and everyday they're a little bit bigger. See if in a week they grow.
  10. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001

I'm not gonna sleep at all tonight :(
  11. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Last summer, our entire city was infested by these tiny black bugs. I worked at Arby's at the time, and there were literally about a million covering the door...intense stuff...only happened at night though, during the day they were like...gone.
  12. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    man, spiders give me the creeps. im not really scared of one when i see it... they're just small and stealthy and creepy.
  13. I get those damn things all in my van all summer long!! :mad:

What really freaks me out is sometimes they will just drop from the roof of my van right infront of my face while i'm driving!!!! AAARRGGHHH!!!!!! ICKY ICKY ICKY!!!!! :eek:

Boy, i really need to replace the weather stripping in my car...
  14. I thought saying "ick" was kind of girly. But "ICKY" three times followed by an "eek" smiley...

15. +1! :eek:
  16. you should people should just live in colder places :p
  17. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I live in CT, it's pretty cold most of the year.
  18. looked it up
    CT swings between 85(summer) en 35(winter) on average.
    over here it swings between 65(summer) and 35(winter)

so for me it is quite warm where you live
  19. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    The palm trees in my back yard get frost on them in the winter :D
  20. I have severe arachnophobia, which is one reason why I love living up north so much. We still have nice summers, but the cold winters eliminate most of the nastier bugs. If I ever see a spider, it is only a very small one, although they still freak me out.

Did you know that a cockroach could survive a nuclear winter...but not a Canadian winter?? :D:D