Live Action Dungeons and Dragons

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fatbassjazzer, Mar 15, 2005.

1. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow....some people are major dorks.

Those guys probably dressed up like that when they went to see Lord of the Rings.

3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That ogre got owned somthin' fierce.

If you guys ever watch "Insomniac", Dave once went to a LARP party for Vampire the Masquerade, which is like D&D except you suck more. (~rimshot~)

It was pretty funny. They all looked like pretty big dorks. In all honesty, though, I bet it's a gas.
  4. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmm in D&D can a chericter have a riffle? if i ever go to those meetings i am bringing a riffle...
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Careful, I hear those things have ridges.
  6. Haha, the classic "lightning bolt" aka "tennis ball" guy.
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It must suck to be whatever that thing was that they were beating the crap out of. He must of drew the short straw.

Well, I guess it's better than the normal way to play. But not much.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    LARPing Vampire is the lowest form of crap. I mean, Whitewolf (Call of Cthulu not withstanding) has done nothing but pander to people who want to be creepy, but are too scared of their character getting it in the behind from a DM who knows what's up. Hell, the DM is CALLED a "storyteller."

Bah! Bah on Whitewolf!
  9. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    You know too much about this.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My geek extends in many directions and knows few boundaries.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I laughed a little. Where the hell is Triumph when you need him?
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Ahhhh, LARP.

I was into D&D for a while, never this heavily, though a lot of my friends were.
  13. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Truly, your path reaches very, very far into the dork forest.
  14. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    + lots!

I loved D&D when I was a (much) younger guy. But we didn't actually make costumes so we could act as our characters. The likelihood of those guys in the video getting beat up later, like it's still Junior High, is a big reason why regular D&D is better than LARPs. :bag:
  15. Dungeons And Dragons! That was the predecessor of Eye Of The Beholder! :-D
  16. ahahhahah.

Seen this before but it never stops being funny.

The bar of dork has been raised. Can anyone beat this?
  17. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I cast magic missle!.......ON THE DARKNESS!

Wow... I am really into RPG's WW, Shadowrun, D&D, Magic......

And that is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I loved it when one of the "Lightning Bolts" Ricocheted off the Ogre and nails a kid in the head. I've actually allways wanted to do one of those but I know I would probally be banned because I would try to balance one off those foam swords so it handles like a real one, and then practice for hours on end so that I may become a whirlwind of geekly death!!!

Hehehe, actually, I'd probally just try to bat the spell's back at people........

Bah..... I hate how they simplified The Tarrasque.......
  18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Not to be confused with the dark forest, there be wolves and +3 zombies there :meh:
  19. I really like D&D... I'm a writer (I guess) I read alot of Sci-fi and Fantasy... I by no means am a dork.. (In my eyes) And I would never dress-up like a moron and fight with wooden sticks...
    The game can be really fun, if your DM is inventive and you are serious it can be alot more rewarding then alot of video games.. For me it allowed me to flesh out my world, create characters, places, races and events which I could then use in my writing.. I guess it all depends on opinion though... Alot of people are judgemental just because they don't understand... But that does'nt matter because I could care less what people think... Everyone has different opinions, likes different things without that everyone would play one style of bass because that would be the only kind that was made if any were made at all
    Choice is good... :D
  20. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I used to play it back in middle school, and it was fun. We never got really into all the figurines, and any sort of live action. I've always liked reading, and I love using my mind. It's just like any hobby. When it interferes with "normal" life and becomes an obsession, you can just expect criticism.