Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Live After Death... Wow!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 2, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I just bought Iron Maiden's '85 live album 'Live After Death'. This is the best live album I've ever heard, probably my favourite Maiden album. It's a great set-list too, they do some great classics. Just a great album. I haven't checked out the enhanced part of the CD yet, but I'm sure it'll be great. So anyone else agree that this is an amazing CD? Well, just thought I'd share (I'm bored). :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah definately one of the classic live albums of all time. I am hoping that they rerelease it on DVD. I have the video at home and seeing it live is even better than hearing it.

3. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Live After Death was the first Iron Maiden album I bought and I swear it was the only cd I listened to for about three months. To this day it is probably still my favorite cd of theirs.

4. damn.. makes me feel like i'm getting older, i got a cassette copy of that in '88 and ruined THREE of them. wore 'em out completely. Probably THE best compilation of older Iron Maiden stuff. they were all playing at their prime.. and can you believe that was live?? tight as hell!! :hyper:

5. My only question is...what the hell took you so long to get it? :D

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i attended a few shows on that tour (powerslave). much better in person :D

when i was in college, my main band did live after death beginning to end as one of our sets (we did exit stage left as one of our other sets). ah frat party gigs. money for rush'n'maiden. i miss the 80's. :(

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Wow... I envy you! I wish I could play a full set of Rush tunes (not to mention Maiden!)

Although I haven't heard Live After Death. Rock in Rio kinda turned me off hearing Maiden live... :meh:

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Don't let it turn you off. This CD is actually amazing. I thought the mix on 'Rock In Rio' sucked, but on 'Live After Death' it's great. And there's no Blaze Bayley era songs to be found. It's all of their classic stuff. They even do 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner'. You wont be dissapointed. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I agree with you all...great classic CD....Iron Maiden was best from 1980 - 1988 in my opinion so LAD is right at their highest point as far as I'm concerned.

I'm getting Rock in Rio soon...still haven't seen it all yet...please don't stone me!!! :bag:

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Hey JT,

I was watching the video and saw some guy in the crowd with a mullet, was that you? :D

11. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I first saw Iron Maiden on the Beast On The Road Tour 1982! (With the Scorpions! and 2 other lame bands that will remain nameless..Day On The Green) Man I feel old.....I have the Gatefold 2 x LP version of Live After Death with the booklet! One of my all time favorites.

Steve Harris is the man. :)

12. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I was at one of the Long Beach Arena shows that was recorded. It was a great show. I like Maiden in Japan too, Di'Anno rocks.