Live Aid 8!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zack01, Jun 1, 2005.

1. zack01

Aug 3, 2002 here.... Are you going to enjoy the new Live Aid?
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Fixed link.
  3. zack01

Aug 3, 2002
  4. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    What a great mix of acts! Classic rock, current rock, country, world music, opera, international pop, hip hop, R&B. Ingenious on Sir Bob's part. These acts appeal to such a wide variety of people, a great way to get the message out!
  5. Looks awesome. Nice lineup at Hyde Park. I'll be a textin' :p
  6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've never been a big Bono fan, but I think it's really cool that he's all worried about where this Aid is actually going to go. I mean if they just fly in and drop off some food or whatever it's going to get taken by some crazy warlord and his wild militia buddies. I read that he wants to get a bunch of countries together to actually get the aid to the people that need it - what a great concept.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    A couple of the talking heads on Cable News were saying "Live Aid" & "We Are The World" actually made matters worse. If that's true, how pathetic we are.

Like the U.N.?
  8. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    its live eight, not live aid 8
  9. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    zack01, I was about to commend you for starting a thread that didn't involve the Beatles, and then you had to mention the bass......:scowl:
  10. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I saw rumors online that the Spice Girls were reuniting and were going to play that... Too bad...

11. The London lineup looks amazing.

Philadelphia....not so much.
  12. Yeh, I will be texting, or then eBaying. I am not missing another concert at Hyde Park, after the disappointment of missing the Chilis there.
  13. What a diverse group of artists they've assembled to help the people of the African Continent.

Where are all of the "African-Americans"? :rolleyes:
  14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I always wonder if these Aid concerts really help. Anyway, cool line-up.
  15. 'Tis true..............BUT the organisers have, thankfully, declined their kind offer. :D :D :D :D
  16. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That's what I was thinking. :smug:
  17. zack01

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah i know..but i just saw the bass...and this is a bassforum....but maybe next thread will be a no beatles thread....You never know...

18. Will Smith is hosting the U.S. event, if that is what you're trying to get at.
  19. No, I'm getting at the literally hundreds of obscenely paid rap and hiphop stars that routinely talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Will Smith is Hollywood all the way.
  20. zack01

Aug 3, 2002
    is Dylan gonne play?, Brian Wilson? two of the best songwriters have to be among the US performers?