1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Live at the Velvet Lounge

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Marc Piane, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Enjoy!

2. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Marc,

Sounds great, man. I especially dig the Take Care of Yourself vid that I found on You Tube from Morseland. Of course it's hard to tell from that kind of recording, but it seems like your tone and sound was really happening that night.
    I think that you have my email addy already- if you can, put me on your email list etc.
    Thanks,
    Greg Nergaard

3. natbers78

natbers78 Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Ohio
    Marc-

That stuff sounds great! Did you know a bass player by the name of James Ryan when you were at Knox? When I was at Bowling Green doing my undergrad, we were housemates while he was doing his masters. Also, I have a couple of friends in Chicago who you should check out (even if they are guitar players). Dan Bruce and Chris Bober...both very happening players and great people. Dan has a website you can check out...http://www.danielbrucemusic.com . Take it easy.

4. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks guys. It is a ton of fun playing with those guys.

Greg - I will definitely put you on the mailing list. We have a TON of stuff coming up including tonight (Oct 13) at Davenport's at midnight as part of the Around the Coyote festival, a cd release party Wednesday and M-Lounge, and the first two weekends at Pops for Champagne. Please say hi if you come out some time. Also I think you play with a guy a played with a long time ago, Matt Shevitz, if you see him say hi for me.

Nathan - Yeah, Jamey was a few years younger than me. He took over the top bass player chair at Knox after I graduated. I'll be sure to check those guys you mentioned out.

M-->