Live Bass Solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by propea, May 29, 2005.

1. propea

May 29, 2005

Hi. I did a competition in Canada and i won the 2nd prize. I'm playing 3 of my bass solo songs.

1 - La Péripétie Partie I
    2 - La Péripétie Partie II
    3 - Tapistic

Please let me know what you think of them! Watch the video!

you can email me some cool comments even in my email adress

and if you want me to open up a show let me know hehehe
    Thank you!
  2. Was it a competition only for bassists or just music in general?

Anyway, it sounds awesome to me. It made me get more motivated to get better and develop as a player. I want to be able to play stuff like that as well.

And also, what did you say to the audience?
  3. Greenantgods

Oct 18, 2004
    were they all four strings?
  4. propea

May 29, 2005
    No it was a Talent show were people had to show their originality, talent and motivation in the art they perform.

To the audience I said :" Most of you probably think that a bass player is a dude in a background who plays low notes... well i'm gonna show you that Bassists dont have to always stick in the background..."

Thank you for your comments!
  5. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    That was cool man, good work!
  6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Great stuff man. You're a real showman. It was actually entertaining to watch and musical at the same time. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Tres bon! It's great to see you doing your thing and doing it your way.
  7. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Nice chops, but you were out of tune a little ;).
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  9. AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Dude you rock so much on bass, howd you learn to tap so flippin good?
  10. propea

May 29, 2005
    Thank you man. Well, i guess its practice and time. i dont practice that much, 1 hour per day...
  11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oh yeah, one more thing. Take what you have and find a great teacher who'll show you some more advanced harmonic theory. That'll put your playing to the top.

One MORE thing. Go out and buy Charles Mingus's "Ah Um".
  12. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    How could you get second? Who got first o_O?!
  13. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I really liked it. I found it quite amusing and original (It sounds like the crowd enjoyed it too).

BTW, your right hand slapping technique is not very usual.
  14. Great stuff man - I could critise the musical content but that's beside the point - you put on a great show and any band would be lucky to have you as their bassist - I echo what EmJazz said above - get with a good bass teacher and get into some music theory - especially some jazz chords and melodies - as your technique is pretty good already - well done on coming 2nd too - good work for just playing some solo bass!

15. vega

May 31, 2005
    Did I see alittle Fieldy slap technique in there? :cool:
  16. Dives out of the way of the usual horde of feildy bashers :p, only saying that cause i was just reading a 3 year old thread that was a feildy bash-a-thon
  17. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice,very talented kid,i suggest a little less treble...but you have amazing fast hands :bassist:
  18. WOW!!! Man... that was awesome. This is a great inspriation to me to get better. I loved bthe one you played with the music man. The intro reminded me of Paint it Black by Rolling Stones. Great Job man. I love the whole curtain think. Keep it up!!!
  19. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Yo man, very cool!

En passant, tu viens d'où? Si jamais tu joue à Montréal, rappelle moi le, j'vais aller te voir jouer.

Keep it up!
  20. propea

May 29, 2005
    Je suis de Montreal et je donne un show le 22 juin aux Minots sur le mont royal. Tu peux aller cheker mes trucs sur

Merci pour ton comment. ciao dude!