Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Live Jazz In Irvine, CA area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by ctcruiser, May 8, 2005.

1. ctcruiser

ctcruiser

Jan 16, 2005
    West Haven, CT
    I just found out that I have to go to Irvine, CA for a business trip. Where can I find out about live jazz in the area? I will have some free time in the evenings on May 22nd & 23rd.

I thought I might try to stop by and visit the Lemur shop, but they close at 5:00pm on weekdays. The Dodgers are out of town as well so I figured I might try to hear some music.

2. hirort

hirort

May 17, 2003
    Yokohama, Japan
    Steamer's in Fullerton has a live performance every night. I highly recommend the place.
    Please check;
    http://www.steamerscafe.com/
    It's about 20 - 30 minutes drive from the center of Irvine, depending on traffic. Terrence, a owner, is a very nice guy. I'm sure you will enjoy talking with him as well as live music.

3. ctcruiser

ctcruiser

Jan 16, 2005
    West Haven, CT
    I finally had a chance to visit Steamers a few weeks ago.

That night, the Ron Eschete trio was playing. They were very good. Ron, the guitarist, has played on records with Ray Brown and Gene Harris among others. I met the bassist Todd Johnson who was very helpful in talking about learning to play bass lines.

Steamers is a great little club.

Thanks for the tip!