1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Live on top of a building

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by QuadriProject, Jul 19, 2012.

1. After The Beatles and U2, I had a show on top of a building :)

I had a great time there, here some pics (I'm the bass player with the blue T-Shirt).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

QUADRIPROJECT

2. No comments for an italian rock band play a live show on the top of a building? ? ;-)

3. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

4. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    That is great! I like your setup and the "face shirts" are a fun touch.

5. @ timber22 : you are right, was a LOT of fun :)

@drummer5359 : Thank you :)

6. There is a bass player in those pics? I see a hot Italian chick in a white dress and some blue t-shirts.

7. Singer is out of uniform! No face-shirt thingee!!!! Fire her immediately!!!! Then I can hire her over here for my band :)

8. ahahaha :))

9. Dantreige

Dantreige

Oct 22, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Dang! Are you in the "I Back a Hot SingerBabe" thread? If not, you should be!

I like your lighting too. Do you have any shots of them in lower light situations?

10. butisitart

butisitart

Apr 29, 2011
    Coquitlam, BC
    FWIW, Jefferson Airplane did the rooftop thing in New York about a month before the Beatles did theirs.

11. KenHR

KenHR

Jul 28, 2010
    Waterford, NY
    Awesome!

12. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Y'know, I always wondered about rooftop concerts. Looks cool from the perspective of the cameras up on the roof top, and probably lots of fun to play - but what about the audience down on the street? Doesn't seem like they'd really be able to see much of anything, unless maybe something was projected on a screen. I suppose if you lived in (or could get into) a taller building in the neighborhood, you could get a good view, but otherwise, aren't you just seeing the occasional head peeping over the balcony?

13. butisitart

butisitart

Apr 29, 2011
    Coquitlam, BC
    Watch the videos of the JA rooftop concert in NY. They show people in the surrounding buildings watching. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJJE5Wo_OY is one of the posted videos.

14. That looks like alot of fun to play. +1 on the "I back a hot singer"

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'd actually wondered the same thing. I picture people being in the 'audience' and thinking "I hear something. But I don't see anything. Oh GOD! I've become schizophrenic! "