Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Live Performance of Duke Ellington's "Caravan"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Nov 26, 2004.

1. This is a live performance of Duke Elllington's Caravan, played by my school's Jazz band at a Jazz band festival this year. The recording itself isn't great and we had a few screwups, but nevertheless it's all in good fun. Our school just got a brand new Auditorium (which is freekin' sweet!!!! :hyper: ) and pretty soon it'll be fully equiped with a nice recording setup. So hopefully I can get some good recordings of us this year.

So anyways, here it is. Enjoy

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=452650&T=1204

PS: In case you couldn't guess it, I'm the bassist (duh) ;)

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Oh, man, that site is unfriendly to someone trying to listen to streaming audio over dialup. It took well over half an hour to get through that tune, and all I'd get were 3-7 second snippets. I really wanted to hear it all in one shot, since my sextet does Caravan in a somewhat unusual arrangement, and I love hearing other, more "normal" takes.

From what I could hear, your band has nice feel, pretty nice intonation, and some good soloists. No bass solo though, eh? That's one of my favorite ones in our book to solo on. We do it way uptempo, so my solo is always an adventure. I'll post a clip when we get around to recording our new demo. We do it with vocals too.