Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Live Professional Bull Riding ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Jan 19, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    There's gonna be a live professional bull riding competition in my town this weekend. I keep seeing comercials on TV and it looks kinda cool. I just bought tickets for my woman and I...Something different to do on a Saturday night. Anyone ever go to one of these things? What am I in store for?

I figure livestock, beer and possable serious human injury makes for a darn-fun night...yee-haw.:bassist:

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    You gonna ride? Would mighty impress your girl, y'know, partner..

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh yeah, I've been many a time. My mom's side of the family are all into that down in the Riverside area in California. I went alot when I was down there to watch my uncle ride bulls. I've also been to the PBR event when it comes through here in Tacoma. It's fun. Definitely something different from the normal.

You can expect to see alot of denim, Carhartt clothes, and generally nice people. Sure, you'll get a few drunk cowboys, but for the most part these are good down home people.

-Mike

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

and bolo ties?

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We used to go to the rodeo every year when it came through my town when I was growing up. My favorite part was the "bullfighting" segment where the rodeo clowns try and get as close to the bull as possible without getting killed and whatnot.

brad cook

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I've met alot of folks like this since getting into horses (my Wife and I own a few), but I don't understand the thrill of trying to stay on the back of an extremely pissed off animal.

Of course not everyone sees the thrill in drag racing, but at least I have a roll cage and five point seatbelt to protect me.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not so much. Maybe on some of the older guys. The younger dudes are not into it. I never wear one.

-Mike