Live: Re-Recording Vote

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

In the "Probably Nobody Cares But Me" category, the pop rock Philadelphia band, Live, has posted six MP3s from their new album. Live fans can download them and vote on their favorites or diss ones they don't like or even e-mail further comments. Presumably, voters get the final say on which songs actually will be on the new CD. Can you imagine Metallica offering songs to fans? Nope? Neither can I.

Just go to:

I listened to one and feel it is typical Live. I enjoy the band, but I realize they are right up there with N'Sync and Creed as a band critics love to hate. Well, I like Creed, too. So sue me.

2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I like Live! I've heard the lead singer's a jerk, but they can't be all bad if they're giving away songs. I'll be downloading those songs on my supa-fast campus connection. I have Throwing Copper, which is a great album. I've borrowed some of the others from my friends and they're also excellent. thanks for the tip!
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, metallica made their career doing just that - they heavily supported all kinds of fan-based tape trading all through their early career. they also fought their record label to get their garage days release released at the price they wanted, instead of full price like the label wanted. their beef recently has been mainly with a company (napster) set up to rip musicians off.

personally, my admiration for them sky-rocketed when i realized they were willing to set themselves up to be hated and dissed by the ignorant and the greedy while fighting for their rights, and by default the rights of other musicians who wouldn't otherwise be able to fight for their own.
  4. Creed? You will be hearing from my legal team.

jk ;)
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

To SteamBoat, LOL! Guess I'd better find a good lawyer. Know anyone who is good with victim defenses. I was an abused child, therefore I can't be held repsonsible for liking Creed. Or, I have attention deficit syndrome, therefore I can't be held responsible for liking Creed.

To John Turner. I didn't make my point clear. I meant and should have said, "Can you imagine Metallica giving fans six songs to evaluate, vote for or against and e-mail commentary about?" I don't think Metallica would ever ask fans their opinions about what songs to put on an album. But then, I guess very few bands of any stripe would do that either. In fact, very few have.