Live setup

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Russy, Jul 11, 2002.

1. I play in a church band on sundays.Mu problem is that I can not hear myself through the monitors. I have a cort bass with EMG pickups and a BFX 708 effects box for the bass.The guitarist has a 507 GFX guitar box, Epiphone(Joe Pass) and a Fender bandmaster(older model). Sometimes he goes direct into the PA and sometimes mikes the amp. When I play alone then the drummer can hear me , but as soon as I start grooving I can not hear myself and the drummer can't hear me.When I turn up the bass then it is too loud through the PA speakers.Is it possible too be able to be loud on the monitors and soft through the PA speakers.
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Of course it is...but I don't think this belongs in the Setup forum.

I'd suggest a bigger amp or monitors that will allow you to hear yourself. This will give you the flexibility to have more stage volume, but not at the expense of being too loud in the audience.
  3. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    yeah, just talk to the soundguy...
  4. Please read the post that's tacked at the top of the "Setup" forum for a definitive description as to what belongs in setup.

This is going to Miscellaneous...
  5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I play through the monitors all the time.

Does your church drive the mains and the monitors off the same send? If so, you are sort of out of luck, otherwise, all you need to do is have the sound guy put more bass in the monitors only.

Don't you have anyone even remotely resembling a sound tech?