Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Live Sound Question..

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rob_d, Mar 29, 2005.

1. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    Hey..
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books or web sites for a three piece band where all the members are pretty much neophytes when it comes to running live sound. This is one of those bands where each member was pretty much never "the guy" who did the band sound in previous bands. One of us is doing it and learning as he goes along..but it would be nice to have some sort of guide. Mainly I'm looking for info on sound for clubs ranging from small to large..not so much halls which often have their own system and engineer. If anyone has any resources I would appreciate checking it out. Thanks much.

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Check out the Sound Reinforcement Handbook. It is published by Yamaha. It is a great all around reference book.

It can get pretty technical but you can pick through it to find what you need to know.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Check out www.prosoundweb.com .
    Pay particular attention to the Study Hall, LAB Lounge Forum, and links pages. Have fun!

4. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

Absolutly, posatively, with out any hesitation, get a copy of the EV PA Bible. You will learn and the illustrations are a hoot.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.