Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Living Colour Videos Online (Doug Wimbish)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Awesome!! :hyper:

I think Doug is an amazing musician, and I enjoyed the video footage very much. I still prefer Muzz with LC but Doug is very good with the guys!

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    WOW thanks for finding that next best thing when living colour don't tour that much, thanks

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    consider this Bookmarked. thanks.

4. I had the opportunity to see them live 2 years ago, when they first started touring again.. It was simply the best concert I had ever been too.

Short story, I took my Modulus with me.. After the show, the guitar tech was gathering up some equiptment at stuff. My sister and I had several CDs we wanted them to sign.. My sister went up and ask the guitar tech "Hey, my brother brought his bass. If he goes to the car and gets it, can you take it back to have Doug sign it?" He left for about 5 minutes and said "Meet us by the gates in about 15 minutes". Awesome, he is going to take my bass and get it signed.. 15 minutes pass and we are at the gates.. The guitar tech comes out and is walking with someone else.. Doug Wimbish was with him.. I was in awe.. For me it was a big deal, Living Colour is HUGE for me.. While people were working on MelBay's Bass Method, I was listening to Living Colour trying to learn the lines 12 years ago (Muzz and Doug's).

Anyways, I remember what he said to me about the bass: "Treat her good and she'll treat you good"

A very memorable day for me.

[​IMG]

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas

That is most excellent!!

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  7. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Cheers for the link. I'd forgotten "Nothingness" ever existed.